|01 Sep 2010||#1|
| || |
ubuntu ???? no install !!!!
I had a disc that I used on my XP pro rig awhile back.
all I did was put the disc in the drive and reboot and was able to surf using ubuntu.
I can't find the disc or where to download said program. any ideas?
I'm not sure how to use it.
does it leave any reg changes
where does it store all the files from surfing
thanks in advance,
|My System Specs|
|01 Sep 2010||#4|
| || |
Ubunutu Live!- Boot from Disc it will boot and ask if you just want to try and it won't install anything. It runs off RAM and your CDROM.
Download | Ubuntu
Try Ubuntu before you install it.
1. If you're using a CD: Put the Ubuntu CD into the CD/DVD-drive and restart the computer. You should see a welcome screen prompting you to choose your language and giving you the option to install Ubuntu or try it from the CD.
If you don't get this menu, read the booting From the CD guide for more information.
2. If you're using a USB drive: Most newer computers can boot from USB. You should see a welcome screen prompting you to choose your language and giving you the option to install Ubuntu or try it from the CD.
If your computer does not automatically do so, you might need to edit the BIOS settings. Restart your computer, and watch for a message telling you which key to press to enter the BIOS setup. It will usually be one of F1, F2, DEL, ESC or F10. Press this key while your computer is booting to edit your BIOS settings.
You need to edit the Boot Order. Depending on your computer, and how your USB key was formatted, you should see an entry for 'removable drive' or 'USB media'. Move this to the top of the list to force the computer to attempt to boot from USB before booting from the hard disk. Save your changes and continue.
3. Choose your preferred language and click on 'Try Ubuntu 10.04'
4. Your live CD desktop should appear. Have a look around!
5. When you are ready to install Ubuntu click on the icon on your desktop: 'Install Ubuntu 10.04'
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: ubuntu ???? no install !!!!|
|How to un-install Ubuntu and Install Windows 7 on HDD||Installation & Setup|
|New drive fails to install windows 7 but will install ubuntu||Installation & Setup|
|how to install ubuntu and win 7 together||Chillout Room|
|Windows 7 Install Disc fails to see hard disk after Ubuntu install||Installation & Setup|
|How to install Win 7 Over Ubuntu 10.10?||Installation & Setup|
|Can't re-install after install Ubuntu on 2nd drive||Installation & Setup|
|Trying to Install Ubuntu||Installation & Setup|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.