Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Mac Vs. PC: Myth-Busting Guide For Consumers

13 Sep 2010   #1
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 
Mac Vs. PC: Myth-Busting Guide For Consumers

hi all found this interesting read and would like to share

Mac vs. PC: Mythbusting Guide for Consumers


warning   Warning
Fanboy trolling or arguments will get you a meeting with the hammer.

Let's keep this a friendly discussion.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Sep 2010   #2
gurustevie

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Good article. I always enjoy the PC vs Mac debate - a market is always better with competitors rather than one outstanding & dominant force, keeps everyone on their toes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Sep 2010   #3
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

thanks yes its a good read and should appeal to everyone i have a apple mac sat in the corner collecting dust windows 7 in my opinion is 100% better
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Sep 2010   #4
Kirsch

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Thanks for the link, although I think the article was a bit bland. Basically stated everything most computer enthusiasts already know. I think this article would be perfect for my parents since they know nothing about computers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Sep 2010   #5
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

i thought it would show interest to most pc users to newbies it would be good reading
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Sep 2010   #6
Grimmjow

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

So this guy, Kelly Ford, just profiled the whole World just knowing that the majority of the World is using PC's? bahaha
-wat.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Sep 2010   #7
Skulblaka

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
 
 

People claim Macs are virus proof. It's untrue, people are probably attacking the PC because it holds the largest market share. Besides, Mac is based off Linux, I'd rather run Ubuntu than a Mac.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Sep 2010   #8
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Skulblaka View Post
Besides, Mac is based off Linux, I'd rather run Ubuntu than a Mac.
Most people would not agree with that though. The appeal of the MAC is that with limited hardware and very controlled hardware...they typically more or less just work and run. Sure, they have hardware failures like everything else...but with far fewer options...it's much easier to ensure that everything is going to work. And generally speaking, although expensive, the hardware is of a pretty decent to high quality.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Sep 2010   #9
Skulblaka

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Skulblaka View Post
Besides, Mac is based off Linux, I'd rather run Ubuntu than a Mac.
Most people would not agree with that though. The appeal of the MAC is that with limited hardware and very controlled hardware...they typically more or less just work and run. Sure, they have hardware failures like everything else...but with far fewer options...it's much easier to ensure that everything is going to work. And generally speaking, although expensive, the hardware is of a pretty decent to high quality.
But expensive, and very controlling, seriously, Ubuntu is a better alternative in my view. My rig costs about $600-800 but is a beast, large Macs with the huge screen at my school, costs around $1200 each. Yet they are so much slower. Don't you think something is wrong?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Sep 2010   #10
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Skulblaka View Post
But expensive, and very controlling, seriously, Ubuntu is a better alternative in my view. My rig costs about $600-800 but is a beast, large Macs with the huge screen at my school, costs around $1200 each. Yet they are so much slower. Don't you think something is wrong?
I said they were more expensive we all know that. But take 10 random PC based laptops and then install Ubuntu on them and see what works 100% correctly. Now, take 10 random MAC's and install OSX and see what works 100% correctly. I think there are alot of people who will spend more for that large screen (which is very nice) and for OSX which will likely just work for them....even if it might be a bit slower than a PC at the exact same price.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App