Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: My Chair Broke...

26 Sep 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
My Chair Broke...

I once upon a time had a pretty comfy chair from Cosco that was probably $180 or something I think I got for a present. Through my former rigorous wow playing, among some other games i eventually cracked the cushion arm rests from my elbows and made it so flat to sit on that I might as well have been siting on pavement. I gave it to good will not long ago, and used a 20$ plastic chair for a year or more maybe. Recently I was lifting myself up to put my leg underneath me and the arms broke off and the back cracked. So I've decided to invest in a chair, as I figure I might as well be comfy while I'm immobile.

I have a built in desk so with some chairs the arms hit the middle draw before I can even scoot in. Right now I'm using some big black chair I had from when I moved into the dorms last year. I have it sitting in my room in front of the tv, so I just moved it over. You sit down in it so it kinda hurts after a while when your on the computer.

Now that I probably gave you way more info than necessary, what do you guys think my best bet would be? Going to Cosco and seeing what I could find or like Staples?

I don't wanna take the chance ordering something online since I dono what I'm getting. I got a tv cabinet from overstock and besides the fact I put part of it on backwards it was a good buy. But I analyzed the picture for a week before I ordered it so i had some idea.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2010   #2

Win7 x64 Ultimate SP1
 
 

Staples will have a better selection. Is the a store near you can go and check it out?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ken9122 View Post
Staples will have a better selection. Is the a store near you can go and check it out?
I know where one is but after looking at their store locator the first one is 6.47 miles away, the second 6.84 miles, and the third 8.17 miles. Which store is better than the others, I don't know for sure.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lollies View Post
I once upon a time had a pretty comfy chair from Cosco that was probably $180 or something I think I got for a present. Through my former rigorous wow playing, among some other games i eventually cracked the cushion arm rests from my elbows and made it so flat to sit on that I might as well have been siting on pavement. I gave it to good will not long ago, and used a 20$ plastic chair for a year or more maybe. Recently I was lifting myself up to put my leg underneath me and the arms broke off and the back cracked. So I've decided to invest in a chair, as I figure I might as well be comfy while I'm immobile.

I have a built in desk so with some chairs the arms hit the middle draw before I can even scoot in. Right now I'm using some big black chair I had from when I moved into the dorms last year. I have it sitting in my room in front of the tv, so I just moved it over. You sit down in it so it kinda hurts after a while when your on the computer.

Now that I probably gave you way more info than necessary, what do you guys think my best bet would be? Going to Cosco and seeing what I could find or like Staples?

I don't wanna take the chance ordering something online since I dono what I'm getting. I got a tv cabinet from overstock and besides the fact I put part of it on backwards it was a good buy. But I analyzed the picture for a week before I ordered it so i had some idea.
2nd time tonight I had a good laugh at your expense. You're on a roll! ... then I noticed your name, Lollies.. troll account?

I'll play fair and give you guys a chance to laugh at me also. I am over 300 lbs. While that may sound like a mega fatty, believe it or not at 6'3" and with a big footballer frame I only look 'overweight'.

Needless to say, I have demolished so many desk chairs it is not even funny. I had one that all 5 roller wheels broke off by the time I'd had it 2 months and it was actually a very nice chair (real leather, highback over $200 from Office Depot). Major design flaw? Plastic roller wheel housing.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I took a metal base from a similar chair and duct taped (Black duct tape, comeon I have a LITTLE class!) it so the chair was stacked right on top and could roll again. I used this rig for well over a year.

A few days ago the column on it broke, like literally snapped in half a 1 inch or more piece of metal. I am now using a leather recliner as my desk chair and I love it! Hopefully I won't break this one... it seems a lot sturdier than any office chair that ever existed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by joe7dust View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lollies View Post
I once upon a time had a pretty comfy chair from Cosco that was probably $180 or something I think I got for a present. Through my former rigorous wow playing, among some other games i eventually cracked the cushion arm rests from my elbows and made it so flat to sit on that I might as well have been siting on pavement. I gave it to good will not long ago, and used a 20$ plastic chair for a year or more maybe. Recently I was lifting myself up to put my leg underneath me and the arms broke off and the back cracked. So I've decided to invest in a chair, as I figure I might as well be comfy while I'm immobile.

I have a built in desk so with some chairs the arms hit the middle draw before I can even scoot in. Right now I'm using some big black chair I had from when I moved into the dorms last year. I have it sitting in my room in front of the tv, so I just moved it over. You sit down in it so it kinda hurts after a while when your on the computer.

Now that I probably gave you way more info than necessary, what do you guys think my best bet would be? Going to Cosco and seeing what I could find or like Staples?

I don't wanna take the chance ordering something online since I dono what I'm getting. I got a tv cabinet from overstock and besides the fact I put part of it on backwards it was a good buy. But I analyzed the picture for a week before I ordered it so i had some idea.
2nd time tonight I had a good laugh at your expense. You're on a roll! ... then I noticed your name, Lollies.. troll account?

I'll play fair and give you guys a chance to laugh at me also. I am over 300 lbs. While that may sound like a mega fatty, believe it or not at 6'3" and with a big footballer frame I only look 'overweight'.

Needless to say, I have demolished so many desk chairs it is not even funny. I had one that all 5 roller wheels broke off by the time I'd had it 2 months and it was actually a very nice chair (real leather, highback over $200 from Office Depot). Major design flaw? Plastic roller wheel housing.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I took a metal base from a similar chair and duct taped (Black duct tape, comeon I have a LITTLE class!) it so the chair was stacked right on top and could roll again. I used this rig for well over a year.

A few days ago the column on it broke, like literally snapped in half a 1 inch or more piece of metal. I am now using a leather recliner as my desk chair and I love it! Hopefully I won't break this one... it seems a lot sturdier than any office chair that ever existed.
What was the first time I was able to make you laugh at my expense? I'm 180 lbs and 6'2"ish. Not sure what you meant by the troll part, I have one account and it is this one, and yes I did admire the name at one point in time but do not necessarily now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33