Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: my laptop was stolen

28 Oct 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 
my laptop was stolen

okay so aboout a week ago my laptop was stolen when somone broke into my moms house, was there earlier and left it there. Now the laptop was a dell and it was runing boinc for prime grid.

curently when I was on prime grid i saw that the last contact atempt was just today!!!!!!!!!!! and i have an ip adress!
75.82.128.1XX

hopefull tomorow i can call the police and tell them and hopefully get one of my (old) laptop back!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #2

Windows 7 x86/x64, Server 2008r2, Web Server 2008
 
 

Go ahead and call them now. I am sure the Colton CA Area has a 24/7 police non emergency line
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #3

 
 

Lets hope for a speedy recovery and send the bas***ds to jail.
Something to be said for the type of program you are running. (we used to fold and run SETI)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Oct 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 

yup i know i run seti but the server crashed last week
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #5

Windows 7 x86/x64, Server 2008r2, Web Server 2008
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spinifex View Post
Lets hope for a speedy recovery and send the bas***ds to jail.
Something to be said for the type of program you are running. (we used to fold and run SETI)
Sad thing is they will not see more than two months in jail and less if they have good behavior.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mckillwashere View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spinifex View Post
Lets hope for a speedy recovery and send the bas***ds to jail.
Something to be said for the type of program you are running. (we used to fold and run SETI)
Sad thing is they will not see more than two months in jail and less if they have good behavior.
Yea that realy gets me mad especialy since it was my mothers house, it was a good thing she was not there when it happened, she could have gotten hurt.
btw mckillwashere I sent u the full external IP
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #7

Windows 7 x86/x64, Server 2008r2, Web Server 2008
 
 

Check you pms...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

I hope you are able to recover it. I hate a thief!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ionbasa View Post
okay so aboout a week ago my laptop was stolen when somone broke into my moms house, was there earlier and left it there. Now the laptop was a dell and it was runing boinc for prime grid.

curently when I was on prime grid i saw that the last contact atempt was just today!!!!!!!!!!! and i have an ip adress!
75.82.128.1XX

hopefull tomorow i can call the police and tell them and hopefully get one of my (old) laptop back!
Glad you recovered the IP address of your laptop. That IP address should contain the location/address of the one using it. Now, go tell the police the thief's location and ask them to perform a raid. LOL
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #10

Windows 7 x64 Home Edition
 
 

I would like to hear the update on this :3
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: my laptop was stolen
Thread Forum
Solved Reset stolen bios on laptop Chillout Room
I got my laptop stolen! What should I do. General Discussion
stolen laptop. devastated General Discussion
My Work laptop was stolen(this is so not good) General Discussion
Stolen.data System Security
Stolen Laptop vs Windows LogIn General Discussion
Google App. For Tracking Stolen/Lost Laptop ? General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33