Quote: Originally Posted by Joan Archer
Well I'll chime in here and say it's not what's on the outside that impresses us but what sort of a person you are on the inside
Sorry but all that strutting about trying to look something you're not certainly wouldn't turn me on.
- well said, that lady..!!
of course you're right, Joan - I'm assuming as much myself..
but when you're out with someone who has made an effort to look good
- you want to be up to the mark, so to speak..
- if a lady looks real smart/cool then it shows she cares about her appearance - nothing more..
- us guys forget that, sometimes.. it's not just a come-on..
- but knowing that you're looking good makes you feel good, and others notice when you've made the effort..
- like the slim ties meself, John - and a tight Windsor knot in a slim silk tie always looks cool - even if it hangs loose..
- and the Mod look was just so cool - especially first time round - those neat suits, etc..
used to cruise on my Lambretta in a parka wearing a smart Carnaby Street suit underneath for the clubbing..
- great days - cool days, too..
- nowadays it's all about comfort, but not at the expense of style, hopefully..
- jeans and a T-shirt is fine - and great for both work and play..
- but given a free-reign what would you like to wear, just to make yourself feel cool..
- functionality is fine, and comfort is paramount - but fashion sense begins with wanting to look good..
- some good advice coming through, you guys..