Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Dual Monitors

02 Jan 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 
Dual Monitors

I have been going through the thread "Show Us Your Rig". There are quite a few rigs with dual monitors. What is the purpose of that? Inquiring minds want to know.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 

Extended desktop space.
and alot of people who play games will use three monitors with Nvidia surround or AMD eyefinity.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2011   #3

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
 
 

I quite often have a different OS running on secondary screen in a virtual machine, for multiple purposes, as told for instance here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Good question. When I first heard about dual monitors I had the exact reaction you did. I was like, "That's strange and seems really silly!" But ever since I got mine set up I love it. It is like having 2 different computers going. I can work on a website and a spreadsheet @ the same time. I can have multiple browsers open and still have room for other things. It also helps when you want to compare different things like on newegg or ebay, etc... If you ever get a chance to run duals you will love it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2011   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
Good question. When I first heard about dual monitors I had the exact reaction you did. I was like, "That's strange and seems really silly!" But ever since I got mine set up I love it. It is like having 2 different computers going. I can work on a website and a spreadsheet @ the same time. I can have multiple browsers open and still have room for other things. It also helps when you want to compare different things like on newegg or ebay, etc... If you ever get a chance to run duals you will love it.
That makes a lot of sense. I do the compare also but just use two tabs of Internet Explorer. == When you have two monitors, does your one mouse go on both screens?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2011   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post

That makes a lot of sense. I do the compare also but just use two tabs of Internet Explorer. == When you have two monitors, does your one mouse go on both screens?
yes, in essence what happens is that your "desktop" gets extended, so you can move the mouse from 1 monitor to the second monitor, so only one mouse.
think of it like this, with one monitor you have 1920*1080 resolution, add a second in extended mode and the resolution would be 1920*2160 because it extends to the second monitor.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2011   #7

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
Good question. When I first heard about dual monitors I had the exact reaction you did. I was like, "That's strange and seems really silly!" But ever since I got mine set up I love it. It is like having 2 different computers going. I can work on a website and a spreadsheet @ the same time. I can have multiple browsers open and still have room for other things. It also helps when you want to compare different things like on newegg or ebay, etc... If you ever get a chance to run duals you will love it.
That makes a lot of sense. I do the compare also but just use two tabs of Internet Explorer. == When you have two monitors, does your one mouse go on both screens?

My mouse gets stuck inbetween switching screens


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2011   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Rofl!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2011   #9

Vista Ult64, Win7600
 
 

Having Two is always better than having one. Especially if the second one is bigger than the first.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2011   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I use dual monitors at work and have for years and would be lost without the second monitor. For home use, I'm fine with just a single monitor. In fact, most of the time, I am using my laptop which obviously only has 1 screen.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Dual Monitors
Thread Forum
Is Nvidia dual monitors a poor cousin to Windows 7 dual monitors?.. Graphic Cards
dual monitors / dual programs set up Graphic Cards
dual graphics cards, dual monitors, ati crossfireX Graphic Cards
Solved Dual Monitors? Graphic Cards
Dual Monitors Graphic Cards
Dual monitors General Discussion
Dual Monitors Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33