Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Android OS !

01 Mar 2011   #31

Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by electrotune1200 View Post
Alrighty, I thought you'd like this info Dinesh. A 2.3.2 Gingerbread ROM has just been leaked for the Samsung Galaxy S a few hours ago.

This is just a beta build, and I'm not really going to mess around with this one just yet. There's a list of things not really working.

Hopefully the Devs get this one ready for prime time soon. The advancements of CM7 should really take off now.


[ROM] XWJV1 - official 2.3.2 Gingerbread! Confirmed! - xda-developers
There's an official version of Gingerbread primed for the I9000 Galaxy S's, isn't there? Give it time for them to work their magic on XDA and it'll be put together for every version of it really.



Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeanP View Post
I'm hoping to get an Android Device - not an iOS device. But there aren't so much Android "stuff" in New Zealand.
I've read that the Nexus S is being released in Australia soon. If you are able to get that, then I'd go for it. It's a very nice phone.
Will try Everlong. Cheers for the suggest. I live in NZ - not AUS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2011   #32

Windows 8.1 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeanP View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by electrotune1200 View Post
Alrighty, I thought you'd like this info Dinesh. A 2.3.2 Gingerbread ROM has just been leaked for the Samsung Galaxy S a few hours ago.

This is just a beta build, and I'm not really going to mess around with this one just yet. There's a list of things not really working.

Hopefully the Devs get this one ready for prime time soon. The advancements of CM7 should really take off now.


[ROM] XWJV1 - official 2.3.2 Gingerbread! Confirmed! - xda-developers
There's an official version of Gingerbread primed for the I9000 Galaxy S's, isn't there? Give it time for them to work their magic on XDA and it'll be put together for every version of it really.



Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeanP View Post
I'm hoping to get an Android Device - not an iOS device. But there aren't so much Android "stuff" in New Zealand.
I've read that the Nexus S is being released in Australia soon. If you are able to get that, then I'd go for it. It's a very nice phone.
Will try Everlong. Cheers for the suggest. I live in NZ - not AUS.
Oop, sorry. Got flags mixed up. Early in the morning
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2011   #33

Windows 8 Pro
 
 

The Nexus S is a nice phone (Pretty much v1.1 of the Galaxy S)

No secondary SD card slot though. WTH were they thinking?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2011   #34

Windows 8.1 Professional x64
 
 

Yea that is quite strange really. The more I look at it now though, the more I see other disappointing factors to it. Still looks nice though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2011   #35

Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7
 
 

Well, iPad 2 is released tomorrow? At the San Francisco Event...
It is expected to be the best tablet in the market? Hope so...

Can't wait for it. :P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2011   #36

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeanP View Post
Well, iPad 2 is released tomorrow? At the San Francisco Event...
It is expected to be the best tablet in the market?
I doubt it as I cant see them switching the OS to Android
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2011   #37

Windows 8 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeanP View Post
Well, iPad 2 is released tomorrow? At the San Francisco Event...
It is expected to be the best tablet in the market?
I doubt it as I cant see them switching the OS to Android
While I love Android, there are somethings that Google needs to have a tougher stance on.

The fragmentation issue needs resolved soon. Google needs to step up and say, if you want to use our OS, you use it the way it is.

Too many phone manufacturers are trying to put their own twist on it. Do we really need all these custom UI's? Why not run vanilla Android the way it's supposed to be. The update process is really being slowed to a crawl because of this.

I know this goes against the "open source" spirit of things, but when you have phones just getting the Froyo update, how long will it take to get Gingerbread through considering the code was finished before Christmas?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2011   #38

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

i'm looking to get an orange san francisco phone soon, as they are very cheap (under 100), hackable and get good reviews. anyone had any experience with this phone - also known as zte blade outside the uk?

i've got a question about the android media player - can you fast-forward and rewind within an mp3, by grabbing the thingy on the seek-bar with your finger? or even better, does it have a button to go back an arbitrary length of time?

the reason i ask is because i listen to a lot of audio-books whilst doing long boring jobs such as painting, gardening etc where i don't have to think too much about the job in hand, and so can engage my brain by listening to a lecture or novel. these audio files can sometimes be an hour long.

sometimes you lose concentration on the story, and may need to rewind a little. all the phone media-players i've used in the past won't let you rewind a minute or so within the file, but force you to start right at the beginning again, which can be annoying.

if the default player can't do this, can anyone recommend alternative software, preferably free?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2011   #39

Win 7 Pro x64 SP1 OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7
 
 

Confirmed specs for iPad 2 (just released not long ago) if anyone is interested...

- 1GHz dual-core Apple A5 Processor Chip
- 512MB of memory?
- 16, 32 or 64GB
- Black or White
- Verizon/AT&T Ready (CDMA & GSM)
- 9.7inch IPS LED Display.
- 1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi) (no Retina Display Support)
- MP for Camera has not yet been reported.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2011   #40

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 

I think that default media player can do that. I'm not using standard rom more than 2 months and I can't tell you exaclly.
For a alternative player I'll say Mort Player or Meridian.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Android OS !
Thread Forum
CPU-Z on Android Chillout Room
Android ICS as a VM on vmware Virtualization
Transform Windows 7 Into Android-Like Look With Android Skin Pack Themes and Styles
The end of Android?? Chillout Room
Android email ssl or tls? Chillout Room
Bing Android app Chillout Room

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33