Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh
Better than Android? I don't think so. WP7-specific limitations
- No system-wide file manager
- No Bluetooth file transfers
- No USB mass storage mode
- Limited third-party apps availability
- No Flash (nor Silverlight) support in the browser
- Too dependent on Zune software for file management and syncing
- No video calls
- New ringtones available only through the Marketplace
- Music player lacks equalizer presets
- No multitasking
- No DivX/XviD video support (automatic transcoding provided by Zune software)
- No sign of free Bing maps Navigation so far
- No internet tethering support
- No handwriting recognition support.
Edit: Copy paste and few negligible feature were added in the WP7 Mango update.
USB mode can be used on the computer that is used for syncing through a reg edit, a little inconvenient but I've rarely used or heard of using the phone as a USB drive.
Multi-tasking is coming in as the biggest update for WP7 with the Mango update.
Internet tethering I've seen is done through a backend enabling, but Mango I believe is going to provide that without going through the back end....
I don't know for sure about musical equalizer though, I've never really used it since paired with decent headphones and good speakers, it doesn't seem necessary.
Third-party apps are still getting there. It's like how when apple introduced the app store, it didn't have a 100,000 apps the first day or a million the first year or so. But a lot of the apps are actually quite decent.
Microsoft seems to be ditching some bluetooth in recent years so that is a con for some.
I think custom ringtones are accomplished through jailbreaking, which Microsoft fully allows. But again, the Mango update might allow that natively.
The Mango update doesn't have a few negligible updates, it's more along the lines of over 500 different updates. Service pack? Probably.
And for the Zune dependency, I don't care that much about it since the Zune Software is simply amazing to look at and use. I love me some eye candy.....