Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Small problem with gaming rig :/

15 Oct 2011   #1

Windows 8 Pro Media Centre Edition 64Bit, Windows 8 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
Small problem with gaming rig :/

okay i know i should have put this in the graphics card section but then i needed to put it in the sound and audio section so i just thought well i will put it here


I have an Nvidia G-force GT240 MB Gddr5 ram at MHz i think it is but anyway it has vga , dvi and HDMI out-puts all working but i cant get sound to come through the HDMI port like on laptops or HDMI on board motherboards can anyone help me with this thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

have you connected the small S/PDIF cable from your internal sound card header to your graphics card?

should look like this :
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2011   #3

Windows 8 Pro Media Centre Edition 64Bit, Windows 8 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrNeeds View Post
have you connected the small S/PDIF cable from your internal sound card header to your graphics card?

should look like this :

:O i might need one of them :P lol

well on the graphics card there doesnt appear any-place to plug it in :S
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vspeck23 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrNeeds View Post
have you connected the small S/PDIF cable from your internal sound card header to your graphics card?

should look like this :

:O i might need one of them :P lol

well on the graphics card there doesnt appear any-place to plug it in :S
there will be a small rubber cover over it, should be near the back of the card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2011   #5

Windows 8 Pro Media Centre Edition 64Bit, Windows 8 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

okay i will whip he side panel of nd have a look .... There isn't anything but on the PCB there is a connector witch looks like its an extra and would need to be soldered on :S as u get the out line of a small fan like connector labelled J9

there is also another one tht looks lie the old audio cable from the cd drive directly to the motherboard type of cable but thats also just an outline printer on the pcb


any ideas
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2011   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Apologies, just had a quick read though, you don't need to have an S/PDIF cable for it to work, you just need to enable the audio through the sound controller, find your sound icon on the notification bar and right click it, select playback devices and see if it says HDMI audio or something similar, see if it is enabled, if not, enable it by right clicking it and enable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2011   #7

Windows 8 Pro Media Centre Edition 64Bit, Windows 8 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrNeeds View Post
Apologies, just had a quick read though, you don't need to have an S/PDIF cable for it to work, you just need to enable the audio through the sound controller, find your sound icon on the notification bar and right click it, select playback devices and see if it says HDMI audio or something similar, see if it is enabled, if not, enable it by right clicking it and enable.
THANKS YOU ! it works :P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2011   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vspeck23 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrNeeds View Post
Apologies, just had a quick read though, you don't need to have an S/PDIF cable for it to work, you just need to enable the audio through the sound controller, find your sound icon on the notification bar and right click it, select playback devices and see if it says HDMI audio or something similar, see if it is enabled, if not, enable it by right clicking it and enable.
THANKS YOU ! it works :P
no worries, you know where we are for any more problems
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Small problem with gaming rig :/
Thread Forum
A small problem Hardware & Devices
New laptop, new wireless mouse, small gaming problem Hardware & Devices
Small problem Hardware & Devices
Small problem Network & Sharing
Small but annoying problem General Discussion
I have a small problem! Browsers & Mail
Small Network problem Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33