Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Have You Ever Seen One of These?

29 Oct 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 
Have You Ever Seen One of These?

This is a quiz for those of you born after 1970. Have you ever done or seen any of these, not a picture, an actual one. ==

1 = A phone with a dial, not buttons.

2 = A black and white TV.

3 = A car without power steering.

4 = A 45 rpm record.

5 = A needle for a turntable.

6 = Ever been to a double feature movie. (that's two movies for the price of one)

7 = Ever been to a record store where you can play the record before you buy it.

I thought I had more of these, but I can't think right now. Do any of you other "Mature Adults" know of any thing that they had 40 years ago that is gone now?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

I'm getting old as I remember them all too well.

I also remember:

1. Red telephone boxes in the street.

2. Double-decker buses with a driver and a conductor.

3. Steam engines that hauled 15-carriage trains.

4. Brylcreem on my hair.

5. Going to school in short trousers up to the age of 12.

6. City centres that weren't pedestrianised.

7. Using heavy lead-acid accumulators to power valve radio sets.

8. Listening to Radio Luxembourg for my daily fix of rock-and-roll music.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2011   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
8. Listening to Radio Luxembourg for my daily fix of rock-and-roll music.
Why would you have to do that? The English had all of the rock stars in the 1960's.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
8. Listening to Radio Luxembourg for my daily fix of rock-and-roll music.
Why would you have to do that? The English had all of the rock stars in the 1960's.
I was talking more of the 1950s when Bill Haley (Rock Around The Clock in 1956) burst onto the scene.

It was the days when the BBC expected their radio newsreaders to wear a suit, collar and tie and flatly refused to play rock-and-roll music because "it corrupts our youth".

Radio Luxembourg was a radio station not governed by the then UK's stringent broadcasting laws and was the only way we youngsters could listen to this new, fresh music.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2011   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
This is a quiz for those of you born after 1970. Have you ever done or seen any of these, not a picture, an actual one. ==

1 = A phone with a dial, not buttons.

2 = A black and white TV.

3 = A car without power steering.

4 = A 45 rpm record.

5 = A needle for a turntable.

6 = Ever been to a double feature movie. (that's two movies for the price of one)

7 = Ever been to a record store where you can play the record before you buy it.

I thought I had more of these, but I can't think right now. Do any of you other "Mature Adults" know of any thing that they had 40 years ago that is gone now?
I remember all of those, with the exception of #7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2011   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post

7 = Ever been to a record store where you can play the record before you buy it.
I remember all of those, with the exception of #7.
They had these little booths with a turntable and you could pick any record in the store, go in there and play it. Now that I think about it, those records had to get scratched with the kids fooling with them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2011   #7

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

How about a car with trafficators instead of indicators? These were semaphore type illuminated flags mounted just behind the front doors (or in between the front and rear doors), and the relevant one would swing out and illuminate when you wanted to indicate that you were intending to change direction.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2011   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Or even a car with a starting handle.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2011   #9

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

A cars starter button on the floor board.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2011   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Other little things have changed (at least around here) ...


I can remember when I was a kid and my dad would stop for gas.
The guys would come out, check the oil, clean the Windshield and fill up your tank for you. No need to even get out of the car.

Now days its all self serve ..

Are there any full service gas stations left?




I can remember everything from the first list except #7 as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33