|05 Aug 2009||#1|
| || |
Computer feminine or masculine?
A SPANISH Teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlikeEnglish, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.
'House' for instance, is feminine: 'la Casa.'
'Pencil,' however, is masculine: 'el lapiz.'
A student asked, 'What gender is 'computer'?'
Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether computer' should be a masculine or a feminine noun.. Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.
The men's group decided that 'computer' should definitely be of the feminine gender('la computadora'), because:
1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval; and
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories forit.
(THIS GETS BETTER!)
The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be Masculine ('el computador'), because:
1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;
2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves;
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem; and
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.
The women won.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Computer feminine or masculine?|
|Computer suddenly froze, then a BSOD when restarting the computer.||BSOD Help and Support|
|How to Login to mutiple computer logins with a single computer||Network & Sharing|
|Dell Computer PC will not load Windows install CD from computer crash||BSOD Help and Support|
|Unknown computer is main HomeGroup computer so can't access!||Network & Sharing|
|How to store a computer system image file on another computer||Backup and Restore|
|computer literate person watching a newbie at work on the computer||Chillout Room|
|Move files from host computer to guest computer?||Virtualization|