Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What annoys you?

03 Mar 2012   #1861
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Should I be annoyed that I have done 18 out of the last 20 analyses in the crashes and debugging forum?

Before anyone takes that personally, I want to say that I have the utmost respect for everyone who helps in that forum. Just venting a little...
Where did everyone go? there used to be 2-3 regulars doing that. I respect anyone who can make sense of a dump file's Klingon language. Panais has been doing a few too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2012   #1862
MWRed

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

People that still try to bash 7 in favor of XP.


When you find the recent post on these forums, you'll know what i'm talking about.
I didn't post in the thread, but it was tempting. Thought better of it though. Tear-assing a guy in someone else's thread just don't seem right.


BUT....like I said, it was tempting
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2012   #1863
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
Should I be annoyed that I have done 18 out of the last 20 analyses in the crashes and debugging forum?

Before anyone takes that personally, I want to say that I have the utmost respect for everyone who helps in that forum. Just venting a little...
Everyone knows that you are taking care of the crashes so they spend their time where they are needed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Mar 2012   #1864
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Where did everyone go? there used to be 2-3 regulars doing that. I respect anyone who can make sense of a dump file's Klingon language. Panais has been doing a few too.
That is actually what surprised me. It seemed like all the usual helpers decided to take most of the day off at the same time. I think I was the only one in the forum for 5-6 hours today. I'm sure it happens to each of us from time to time, though. I probably just needed to vent and take a little break. I feel better now.

That forum can be brutal with the turnaround and rate of newcomers at times. I usually enjoy that aspect, but it starts to get overwhelming after hours of doing it.

Edit: Now I feel a bit like a jerk. One of the members who provides top notch help in that forum had eye surgery recently... Guess I should be glad I was able to fill in a bit today. Certainly feel better about the work I did earlier. Now I'm annoyed with myself for venting, though. So what annoys me right now? Me. I annoy me.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post

Everyone knows that you are taking care of the crashes so they spend their time where they are needed.
Glad everyone has so much faith in me, lol.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2012   #1865
LADYPINKtomato1

Windows 8 - 64-bit
 
 

My suggestion is to never talk down to anyone , who's come to ask for much needed help.
Thanks to all who do volunteer to help out on all the boards W7F.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2012   #1866
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JaidynM View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JaidynM View Post
Boredom.
Can't imagine you being bored J me I am the opposite
I'm not bored too often, but sometimes I just sit there with absolutely nothing to do.
Couldn't have put it better myself!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2012   #1867
gregrocker

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
I probably just needed to vent and take a little break. I feel better now.

That forum can be brutal with the turnaround and rate of newcomers at times. I usually enjoy that aspect, but it starts to get overwhelming after hours of doing it.
You did exactly the right thing. There has been a vent thread running for over a year now. The first one which I started was aimed a little too directly at clueless OP's while this one was designed to be more general.

But those who work here need a way to depressurize on site with others to commiserate and hash out coping methods. Some of us work in multiple threads daily where the OS's life and death depends upon our steps being followed closely - by an OP who may or may not be fully competent, lazy, uncooperative, or struggling to understand.

All of us hope for teamwork in the threads to support one another, but when we feel abandoned, frustrated, stepped on, or otherwise need a break, we are fortunate to have an onsite social option that the other tech forums don't - not to mention the jukebox!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2012   #1868
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden View Post
I probably just needed to vent and take a little break. I feel better now.

That forum can be brutal with the turnaround and rate of newcomers at times. I usually enjoy that aspect, but it starts to get overwhelming after hours of doing it.
You did exactly the right thing. There has been a vent thread running for over a year now. The first one which I started was aimed a little too directly at clueless OP's while this one was designed to be more general.

But those who work here need a way to depressurize on site with others to commiserate and hash out coping methods. Some of us work in multiple threads daily where the OS's life and death depends upon our steps being followed closely - by an OP who may or may not be fully competent, lazy, uncooperative, or struggling to understand.

All of us hope for teamwork in the threads to support one another, but when we feel abandoned, frustrated, stepped on, or otherwise need a break, we are fortunate to have an onsite social option that the other tech forums don't - not to mention the jukebox!
Well put Greg on the money there my friend as I am one of the not fully competent and struggling to understand.

I understand hardware to a point and ways of "fixing" bits where they can but the in depth program stuff I do find a tad baffling.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2012   #1869
gregrocker

 

By incompetent I was in-artfully referring to OP who is learning disabled or from a generation which apparently had Attention Deficit induced somehow.

By no means does that apply to you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2012   #1870
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Everyone is clueless in something at some stage. I don't have a problem with OPs who admit a degree of ignorance and want a few tips.
All I'd like from an OP is a little appreciation and when to know it's time to move on and maybe let someone else do the job.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Kill the HP welcome/poppup screen. It annoys me.
When I boot my computer, (a HP) , screen pops up, (picture of a hand and HP.) I don't want that. It annoys me. It is not necessary. I want to kill it. I don't want to hear how difficult it is, to remove. Merely, I want it not. mmm, someone must know how to get rid of it.
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App