Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What annoys you?

20 Jan 2012   #801
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

Phone calls from PPI (Payment Protection Insurance) claims firms, typically 08435-XXX-XXX numbers. Damn nuisances, automated messages that more often than not don't clear the line when I put the receiver down. And we're ex-directory.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2012   #802
seavixen32

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
Phone calls from PPI (Payment Protection Insurance) claims firms, typically 08435-XXX-XXX numbers. Damn nuisances, automated messages that more often than not don't clear the line when I put the receiver down. And we're ex-directory.
Leave the receiver off the hook for an hour or so when they call - it messes their system up - especially the phone bashers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2012   #803
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Do you have a Do Not Call list in the England?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Jan 2012   #804
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

yes, we have a 'telephone preference service' but some spammers use systems which dial random phone numbers, and ignore such 'do not call' listings

My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2012   #805
seavixen32

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Do you have a Do Not Call list in the England?
Under Royal Mail's contract they have a legal obligation to deliver mail to every household in the country.

However, householders can arrange to have their mail left at a local post office or a local sorting office, but it has to be instigated by the householder.

In addition we have a Mailing Preference Service where you can opt out of junk mail deliveries and a Telephone Preference Service where you can opt out of sellers' phone calls.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2012   #806
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Why would a postman ring your door bell?
Because in the UK we don't have a post box on the driveway or a long distance from the front door.

Almost every front door is fitted with a standard size letterbox through which the mail is inserted.

If an item is too big to go through the letterbox the postie will normally ring the doorbell to see if anyone is at home.
The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946) - IMDb



A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2012   #807
jloc

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Opening a new tab and then forgetting what it was for
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2012   #808
seavixen32

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Why would a postman ring your door bell?
Because in the UK we don't have a post box on the driveway or a long distance from the front door.

Almost every front door is fitted with a standard size letterbox through which the mail is inserted.

If an item is too big to go through the letterbox the postie will normally ring the doorbell to see if anyone is at home.
The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946) - IMDb



A Guy
I don't like scary films!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jan 2012   #809
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AllOnTheBus View Post
My old A200 dying a slow death.
It still works but it doesn't work if you know what I mean.
5 years service, dropped on it's head several times,
ugly but effective - do computers resemble their owners to?

R.I.P A200 - I will miss you
Hum Allon my A200 died in it's first year - two weeks after the warranty ran out new drive $500 - still with me or on the floor lol!!, got myself an L550 and it gave me nothing but grief from day one then I wised up to learning a bit and 7 months later had it running - but the very last Toshiba I shall ever buy especially as a Toshiba 24" mon started loosing pixels seems like they have really taken a nose dive so don't cry mate it's done you a favour
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jan 2012   #810
AllOnTheBus

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit OS
 
 

It annoys me that my old A200 lappy made me annoyed when the problem may have been only a minor annoyance.

Quote:
Hum Allon my A200 died in it's first year - two weeks after the warranty ran out new drive $500 - still with me or on the floor lol!!, got myself an L550 and it gave me nothing but grief from day one then I wised up to learning a bit and 7 months later had it running - but the very last Toshiba I shall ever buy especially as a Toshiba 24" mon started loosing pixels seems like they have really taken a nose dive so don't cry mate it's done you a favour
Mine died after about a year and a half to mate but that time it was still under
warranty and the mobo needed replacing. I may have been jumping the annoyance gun
cause I found some good info which may get it going again for a few bucks.
Have posted info at my thread about the old girl shutting down and restarting.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Kill the HP welcome/poppup screen. It annoys me.
When I boot my computer, (a HP) , screen pops up, (picture of a hand and HP.) I don't want that. It annoys me. It is not necessary. I want to kill it. I don't want to hear how difficult it is, to remove. Merely, I want it not. mmm, someone must know how to get rid of it.
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App