Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: No Xbox 360 Display Via HDMI

23 Jan 2012   #11
jloc

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
James,

If not already, you might see if using the "Optimal Resolution" setting in Xbox may help.

Configure the Xbox 360 console Display settings for a high-definition TV
I have no picture, I can't change any of my settings
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2012   #12
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2012   #13
jloc

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Tried those methods, still no luck :/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Jan 2012   #14
Maguscreed

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

6 years old.

...is it a 720p tv by any chance?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2012   #15
jloc

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
6 years old.

...is it a 720p tv by any chance?
Yeah. It's not full 1080p, this is it Toshiba 32WLT58 Review | TVs | CNET UK
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2012   #16
Maguscreed

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

well are you setting the xbox for 720p?
the older tv probably can't scale the image on it's own.

anyhow that's the difference between the working configuration and the one that isn't working it appears the one it works on is 1080
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2012   #17
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

James,

When you tried to reset the Xbox display settings, did you make sure of all of the below?

Quote:
Reset the console display settings

If the display problem is still not resolved, reset the display settings of your console. Here's how:
  1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.
  2. Turn off the console.
  3. Turn on the console.Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn on the console by using the Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left light illuminated.
  4. As the console starts, on the controller, press and hold Y while pulling the right trigger. The display settings are reset to the default settings, and then the console automatically restarts.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2012   #18
jloc

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
well are you setting the xbox for 720p?
the older tv probably can't scale the image on it's own.

anyhow that's the difference between the working configuration and the one that isn't working it appears the one it works on is 1080
When I use component, it's at 1080i. There is no option for 1080p on the Xbox so it couldn't automatically go higher.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2012   #19
jloc

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
James,

When you tried to reset the Xbox display settings, did you make sure of all of the below?

Quote:
Reset the console display settings

If the display problem is still not resolved, reset the display settings of your console. Here's how:
  1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.
  2. Turn off the console.
  3. Turn on the console.Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn on the console by using the Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left light illuminated.
  4. As the console starts, on the controller, press and hold Y while pulling the right trigger. The display settings are reset to the default settings, and then the console automatically restarts.
Old thread but I never got the problem solved, yeah, I tried that several times :/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2012   #20
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

James,

Were you able to set the Xbox to display at 720P?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
HDMI<> Display Port
I have been doing a lot of research but all I find is B/S like when they were invented, royalty rights, extra pins ect. but not just some basics answers to some basic questions. I have a video card and display both with HDMI and Display Port ability. At the present time I'm using HDMI to HDMI....
Graphic Cards
HDMI - HDMI gettting fuzzy display on HDTV.
I have the GTX 560 connected to a 1080p HDTV. Getting fuzzy picture in Windows environment.
Graphic Cards
No display via HDMI
HELP!!!! I recently purchased a Dell n5010 and i cant seem to connect it onto my 40" Bravia HD LCD.:cry: i'm trying to connect it via HDMI.. but somehow the laptop doesn't seem to display on my Bravia.. At first i thought it was the cable issue, but the HDMI cable works perfectly...
Drivers
Display HDMI Adapter
Hello, I currently found out that my TV supports 1080p. However, it only works when HDMI is plugged in. And my card only has DVI output. And i was wondering, will the 1080p work with a DVI to HDMI adapter then? Thanks, Alex.
Hardware & Devices
HDMI Display Problems, need help!
So I have my new computer hooked up to my 22'' Vizio HDTV, and every 5-10 minutes the screen starts flashing horizontal stripes of different colors, or sometimes it's kind of like a melting rainbow effect starting from the top of the screen. When I turn off the TV (which takes longer than usual)...
Graphic Cards
5770 HDMI Display
So I've bought a XFX 5770 Downloaded all the latest Drivers for the Card when i Plug in the HDMI to my HD Telly which currently is limited to 1360 x 768 it detects the HDMI and shows it as a Second Display Questions ? Can I use this as my Primary Display and Unplug the VGA Cable...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App