Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Today [9]

13 Mar 2012   #721
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Errr, no, don't talk to him. See if you can surreptitiously get a picture of him and report him to campus police. Is he even a student? I'm sure the police would like to have a conversation with him. maybe scare him straight. A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Mar 2012   #722
chris1neji

Windows 8 64 bit PRO
 
 

Today was really uneventful,

I went online to check my grades and apperantly my instructer said "You used google during the exam please see me"

I think i am about to get an F on my midterm. I didn't use google.
I only miss 1 problem! So much work and i think now i am going to get an F. So much for excelling.
Right now i feel nervous, sad, depressed.

Sorry for venting
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Mar 2012   #723
JaidynM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64/Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Errr, no, don't talk to him. See if you can surreptitiously get a picture of him and report him to campus police. Is he even a student? I'm sure the police would like to have a conversation with him. maybe scare him straight. A Guy
I don't mean talk to him alone, I mean with some friends. He might have some sort of explanation for his 'stalking'. But if that doesn't work, the police sounds like a good option.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chris1neji View Post
Today was really uneventful,

I went online to check my grades and apperantly my instructer said "You used google during the exam please see me"

I think i am about to get an F on my midterm. I didn't use google.
I only miss 1 problem! So much work and i think now i am going to get an F. So much for excelling.
Right now i feel nervous, sad, depressed.

Sorry for venting
I'm sorry to hear that. You could try appealing to the headmaster?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Mar 2012   #724
Athene

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JaidynM View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Athene View Post
Uh-oh...I had the misfortune of running across my university stalker yet again... He was staring at me non-stop. Fortunately, my friend was sitting next to me; and whenever we talked together, we could, from the corner of our eyes, see him continuing his staring session. My friend proceeded to give me a crash course in confident body language and "get-away-from-me" strategies in a series of whispers; and in the meantime, I could feel that stare drilling into the back of my neck.
Definitely a creep. Have you tried talking to him? He might have a perfectly good reason for it...
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Errr, no, don't talk to him. See if you can surreptitiously get a picture of him and report him to campus police. Is he even a student? I'm sure the police would like to have a conversation with him. maybe scare him straight. A Guy
I pretend like I can't see him at all and ignore him completely - I think it's better not to give him any attention, because his staring indicates that he wants my attention, so he's not going to get it. I'd only be able to report him if he resorted to actually threatening me verbally or physically. Until then, I don't think I can report him for staring and following me at a distance on one occasion; there's not enough hard evidence. Taking a picture surreptitiously would be really difficult, considering his constant staring, and I'm not sure whether it is legally allowed ;-) He certainly seems to be a student - he can log into the uni computers, and you need a student ID for that.
Another thing I'm paying attention to is my body language (make yourself straight and tall, hold your head high, avoid a submissive or distracted stance) and being aware of my surroundings (fortunately I know the building and surroundings very well - I was able to throw him off my track the time he followed me).

If he does try to get too close/invade my personal space, then I'll have no qualms about confronting him verbally (and in a very loud voice).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Mar 2012   #725
Athene

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chris1neji View Post
Today was really uneventful,

I went online to check my grades and apperantly my instructer said "You used google during the exam please see me"

I think i am about to get an F on my midterm. I didn't use google.
I only miss 1 problem! So much work and i think now i am going to get an F. So much for excelling.
Right now i feel nervous, sad, depressed.

Sorry for venting
If you didn't use Google, then your instructor cannot prove that you used Google :-)
Let's see what your instructor says; at least s/he has asked to see you, so you'll be able to say what you did and did not do on a face-to-face level.
Try not to worry too much :-)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Mar 2012   #726
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

the next time he is there and you have your friend with you, take a picture of her with him in the background, then zoom into the frame capturing a good pic of him.

this is a technique we used to use as young lads ...on the beach
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Mar 2012   #727
JaidynM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64/Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

I agree with Julian. Report him and then ask for permission to take a few pictures as evidence. Then over a few days you can get a friend to take some pictures of him staring at you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Mar 2012   #728
seavixen32

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Athene View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JaidynM View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Athene View Post
Uh-oh...I had the misfortune of running across my university stalker yet again... He was staring at me non-stop. Fortunately, my friend was sitting next to me; and whenever we talked together, we could, from the corner of our eyes, see him continuing his staring session. My friend proceeded to give me a crash course in confident body language and "get-away-from-me" strategies in a series of whispers; and in the meantime, I could feel that stare drilling into the back of my neck.
Definitely a creep. Have you tried talking to him? He might have a perfectly good reason for it...
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Errr, no, don't talk to him. See if you can surreptitiously get a picture of him and report him to campus police. Is he even a student? I'm sure the police would like to have a conversation with him. maybe scare him straight. A Guy
I pretend like I can't see him at all and ignore him completely - I think it's better not to give him any attention, because his staring indicates that he wants my attention, so he's not going to get it. I'd only be able to report him if he resorted to actually threatening me verbally or physically. Until then, I don't think I can report him for staring and following me at a distance on one occasion; there's not enough hard evidence. Taking a picture surreptitiously would be really difficult, considering his constant staring, and I'm not sure whether it is legally allowed ;-) He certainly seems to be a student - he can log into the uni computers, and you need a student ID for that.
Another thing I'm paying attention to is my body language (make yourself straight and tall, hold your head high, avoid a submissive or distracted stance) and being aware of my surroundings (fortunately I know the building and surroundings very well - I was able to throw him off my track the time he followed me).

If he does try to get too close/invade my personal space, then I'll have no qualms about confronting him verbally (and in a very loud voice).
The fact that you feel threatened is sufficient grounds to get something done about him and the fact that he hasn't been reported empowers him, so you need to get it stopped before it leads to something more sinister.

The sooner you report the matter, the sooner he can be warned off. If he continues, report him again, by which time hard evidence is beginning to build.

Without evidence - anecdotal or otherwise - it will, as you say, be difficult to prove a case against him.

Tell your friends what's going on and I'm sure they'll keep an eye you and him.

You should be able to walk round the campus without feeling threatened in any way - it's your right.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Mar 2012   #729
Athene

 

I've told my friends and my parents; the timing for the next staring session has to be right, though; it's impossible to say when he'll show up again and whether my friend will be with me or not; I'd definitely need a picture, taken the way you suggested, Julian... I'm sure I came across a section on harassment somewhere on the uni website; need to see if I can find it again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Mar 2012   #730
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

possibly it would be a good idea to keep a diary of the time ,place that he shows up, and for how long, if you have a friend with you at these times then he/she could sign it as a witness.
it may show that if he is a student that the sightings would place him in locations he shoudn't be in, if he has a class for instance and instead he is sat opposite you
also start carrying a copy of a gun collector magazine. in plain view.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Today [15]
Continued from - Today I got called in to work last night ... and will have to do tonight .. then my week starts the following night ... no rest :rolleyes:
Chillout Room
Today [14.2¾]
Today I finally managed to confirm my internship for the end of this year! I'll be spending half a year in Brussels speaking French and doing fancy stuff as a Junior Management Consultant in one of the biggest companies out there! Really stoked about it, especially since I'll be working closely...
Chillout Room
Need a Hug Today?
YouTube - Free Hugs in Sondrio, Italy It was amazing the number of people who walked by without getting a hug. "We all need hugs!"
Chillout Room
Who did you hug today?
list those who you hugged today Poppa Anna Tracy Hope Mimi Mary Kate Tommy
Chillout Room
Today [2]
Continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/chillout-room/27696-today.html Today, I'm fixing to take a nap. :sleepy:
Chillout Room
Today
Today i worked out at my local ***nasium and later i made a new Sig for myself :)... what did you do today, please share ? Edit - Why is G Y M stared out ?
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:06.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App