Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.
hi, i recently purchased a new computer because my old one died and went to heaven, i removed the two hard drives from it because they contained alot of my pictures and music and i put one of them into my new one, it will let me access it but i can't view anything on them because its saying i don't have permission and i can't remove the read-only. Any suggestions.
1. right click on the drive that you want to take ownership of (in my computer) and choose properties
2. click on the 'security' tab
3. click the 'advanced' button
4. click the 'Owner' tab
5. under 'change owner to:' select your username
6. check the 'replace owner on subcontainers and objects'
7. click Apply (may take some time)
8. click on the 'Permissions' tab
9. click the 'add' button
10. type 'everyone' for all users to be able to access the drive. Type your user name just for yourself. OK it.
11. click the 'full control' checkbox under 'allow.' OK it.
12. check the 'replace permission entries on all child objects...' checkbox
13. OK it (result may take some time)
14. OK the last window
Remove read only attribute of folder. I have an executable file, which is a windows service. Now I cannot start it from service control management panel. I am the administrator. I guess the readonly attribute effects it. I found that the folder is readonly. I unclick it and apply it and click OK button. However next time when I look...
Cannot remove read-only from shared folder - help! - I have three PCs - two running Win 7 Home Premium ("clients") and one running Win 7 Ultimate ("server").
- I wish to use one of the server PC's HDD to store a backup of critical files of the two client PCs using folder sharing.
- All three are on the same homegroup (took me ages to achieve...
Network & Sharing
Unable to remove Read only attribute I am a photographer. I use Adobe Lightroom 4 to manage my photos. I had to reload my photos the other day. Today I was making changes in the data in my photos, when I finshed and saved the data I recevied a message that the photo was Read Only. I have tried several remidies posted here and other...
Music, Pictures & Video
How come I can't remove read only from folders? I noticed that under properties of my user name that read only is checked, I am the admin and the only one on my pc. I've unchecked it twice and it applies changes but when I go back in it is checked again? I've tries restarting thr computer but still no luck?
Can't remove 'read-only' attribute from a folder Things I have tried:
1) Enabled hidden administrator logon and logged onto it.
2) Edited user permission for entire drive and set to 'full control'
3) verified the folder is not locked/in-use even deleted it and then restored
Still has the stupid 'read only' box checked when you hit...
Can't remove 'Read Only' for C:/Windows/installer Yeap, as per the title
Now I'm having problems installing java.
I'm logged into my only account, which is an admin account, and yet I can't remove the read-only thing from the folder. Please help.
This is related to the 'error 2203' problem when installing java
Windows 7 ultimate 64