Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Why does thIs water taste so good?

18 Mar 2012   #31
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
B

Now when I get home late from the pub at Sunday lunchtime I can tell the boss where to stick my dinner because it's cold!

Whether I will is another story!
Make it 12 pints and you will

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
Yes, I'm a big fan of Johnny Cash - trouble is it shows my age!
Nothing wrong with a bit of Johnny Cash - far better than what passes for 'country' these days


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by quickdraw2011 View Post

Native Americans can't drink alcohol...makes them loco!

Same could be said for our Aboriginals. Then again, the same also applies to many, many people regardless of ethnicity.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2012   #32
quickdraw2011

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
B

Now when I get home late from the pub at Sunday lunchtime I can tell the boss where to stick my dinner because it's cold!

Whether I will is another story!
Make it 12 pints and you will

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
Yes, I'm a big fan of Johnny Cash - trouble is it shows my age!
Nothing wrong with a bit of Johnny Cash - far better than what passes for 'country' these days


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by quickdraw2011 View Post

Native Americans can't drink alcohol...makes them loco!

Same could be said for our Aboriginals. Then again, the same also applies to many, many people regardless of ethnicity.
Asians/Native Americans don't have an enzyme to digest alcohol?

Is this true? If so, why?

The enzyme in question is alcohol dehydrogenase (Alcohol dehydrogenase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2012   #33
smarteyeball

 
 

I'm not a geneticist, but since some of these cultures traditionally had no need for these enzymes, as evolution occurred they were never 'switched on' so to speak.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Mar 2012   #34
quickdraw2011

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
I'm not a geneticist, but since some of these cultures traditionally had no need for these enzymes, as evolution occurred they were never 'switched on' so to speak.
Very good point! In acient times, the Europeans drank beer to avoid getting sick from bad water. Whereas, Asians just boiled there water and drank tea.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2012   #35
smarteyeball

 
 

A similar occurrence can be observed with cultures that are traditionally used to dairy products (cheese, milk etc) vs cultures where dairy product producing animals aren't the norm. (Cows, goats et al)

ie There was once a study done of French cholesterol levels. Despite a traditionally very high cholesterol intake of dairy products, their cholesterol levels were on average lower than other contemporary non-traditional dairy consumers. Evolution has not only allowed a higher lactose tolerance, but a natural resistance to it's adverse affects.

The same can also be applied to skin colour pigmentation. Peoples from traditionally warm, sunny climates have a darker pigmentation as opposed to peoples who came from colder and less sunny climates. ie Africa vs Europe

Disease resistance is another. Native Americans/Aboriginals were hit very hard by introduced foreign diseases that traditionally did not occur in their isolated sphere of existence.

The list is quite large really. Evolution is a continual work in progress of adaptation.




(Theoretical Tangent Time)

There is currently no 'supreme' race. White supremacy, Black supremacy, Asian supremacy etc - it's all BS.

If there is ever to be a 'supreme' race, it will will be the humans that are the culmination of inter-racial human breeding over the continuing thousands of years that take the 'strongest' facets from each 'race' while discarding the 'weakest' genetic traits along the way.

Superior intellect, physical ability, disease resistance, environmental tolerance and so and so forth garnered from continual inter-racial breeding is the key to an ultimately stronger species. Segregated inter-breeding amongst ones own kind is actually detrimental to the well being of homosapiens in the long run.

Think in-breeding on a world wide scale. We've seen the flaws that occurs from in-breeding amongst a small sub-set of genetic material. "Kissing cousins" that pass inherent weakness and flaws to their offspring. Add non related genetics to the mix and the result is an improvement. Extrapolate and add further genetic improvements and the flaws start to wane as the addition of improved genetic material creates a healthier and hardier human.

Fast forward a few thousand years of continued genetic mixing and the best traits derived from each 'race' manifest themselves as a vastly superior homosapien vs continued segregated inter-bred genetics.



I know it's a pretty roughly delivered outline, but it's just a post on forum after all and not a dissertation
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2012   #36
quickdraw2011

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Pulling the plug. Been a long day. Good night you all!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2012   #37
Stonecutter

Windows 7 home premium 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sibbil View Post
Don't think boiling distilled it. Distilled would be recovering and condensing the water vapor produced from the heating process. What's left in the pot are the impurities that were in the water to begin with.

But, just by heating that water, you do remove dissolved gasses that could contribute to the unappealing taste you usually experience...

But cold beer really is better for you. Very refreshing.
Yup that's why. Tap water usually tastes bad because of added chlorine and/or natural sulfur dioxide. Boiling forces these gases out of the water and so it tastes better afterwards. Agitation also works, so you could use a blender and get the same effect.

As for distilling, it is a waste of time unless you add malted grain, sugar and yeast. Allow it to ferment and then distill this liquid at least twice. The yields usige brea (water of life) which is pronounced whiskey bray ah. 😉
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2012   #38
quickdraw2011

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
A similar occurrence can be observed with cultures that are traditionally used to dairy products (cheese, milk etc) vs cultures where dairy product producing animals aren't the norm. (Cows, goats et al)

ie There was once a study done of French cholesterol levels. Despite a traditionally very high cholesterol intake of dairy products, their cholesterol levels were on average lower than other contemporary non-traditional dairy consumers. Evolution has not only allowed a higher lactose tolerance, but a natural resistance to it's adverse affects.

The same can also be applied to skin colour pigmentation. Peoples from traditionally warm, sunny climates have a darker pigmentation as opposed to peoples who came from colder and less sunny climates. ie Africa vs Europe

Disease resistance is another. Native Americans/Aboriginals were hit very hard by introduced foreign diseases that traditionally did not occur in their isolated sphere of existence.

The list is quite large really. Evolution is a continual work in progress of adaptation.




(Theoretical Tangent Time)

There is currently no 'supreme' race. White supremacy, Black supremacy, Asian supremacy etc - it's all BS.

If there is ever to be a 'supreme' race, it will will be the humans that are the culmination of inter-racial human breeding over the continuing thousands of years that take the 'strongest' facets from each 'race' while discarding the 'weakest' genetic traits along the way.

Superior intellect, physical ability, disease resistance, environmental tolerance and so and so forth garnered from continual inter-racial breeding is the key to an ultimately stronger species. Segregated inter-breeding amongst ones own kind is actually detrimental to the well being of homosapiens in the long run.

Think in-breeding on a world wide scale. We've seen the flaws that occurs from in-breeding amongst a small sub-set of genetic material. "Kissing cousins" that pass inherent weakness and flaws to their offspring. Add non related genetics to the mix and the result is an improvement. Extrapolate and add further genetic improvements and the flaws start to wane as the addition of improved genetic material creates a healthier and hardier human.

Fast forward a few thousand years of continued genetic mixing and the best traits derived from each 'race' manifest themselves as a vastly superior homosapien vs continued segregated inter-bred genetics.



I know it's a pretty roughly delivered outline, but it's just a post on forum after all and not a dissertation
Sorry, for not getting back to you earlier. I've been busy helping out in the many forums, amongst, other things. But, enjoyed your desertation!

Thanks, for your comments.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2012   #39
smarteyeball

 
 

Quite all right mate
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2012   #40
quickdraw2011

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Do I need to put new water in my water cooling system?
So i have heard that some water cooling systems do need new water in them every 6 months, and i have also heard that some never need to have the water replaced, so i have no idea of what brand/kind of water cooling system i have because it has no branding or anything, i got my computer custom built...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Good Water Cooling Case??
So I was wondering what cases people suggest for water cooling cases? Budget max for the case is $150-250. A must have is internal USB3 connector. Also I realize that mid tower may or may not be an option, so probably full size? One other thing is radiator configuration, I want something...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
First taste of winter
maximize the window and speakers on Tombe_La_Neige-__JL Ppt Presentation
Chillout Room
Looking for a good Water Cooling Solution for Graphics
Because of my impulse buying habits and assisted by a one, Robert Mondavi, I have managed to buy a mother board for my i7-2600k CPU whose engineering department should be callocative taken out back and flogged. I am talking about the Gigbyte 67A-UD7. Don't get me wrong, this board has many...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Firefox 4.0 GUI Evolution – Get a Taste
Firefox 4.0, the next major release of Mozilla’s open source browser, will bring to the table a major overhaul of its graphical user interface, one that would put the UI in line the Windows 7 Ribbon/Fluent style. Mozilla has already made public details on the revamping of the Firefox User ...
Browsers & Mail


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App