Going slightly off-topic, where I am we're only familiar with the following fast food chains:
The Big Two:
- Kentucky Friend Chicken
- Pizza Hut (iirc the same corporate group which owns this franchise here also owns the local KFC franchise as well)
- A&W (been around forever but they have very few outlets)
- White Castle (haven't seen these since the 1990s, are they even still in business?)
- Burger King (somewhat recent only, and very few outlets)
- Wendy's (ditto BK, but even less known)
I'm sure I'm missing several (eating at local establishments is cheaper), those are just the ones I can recall off the top of my head.
One other thing, here in Southeast Asia we have a culture of eating 24x7, these fast food chains may be big fish but there are plenty of other fish in the pond as well. Hungry at 3am? No problem, there will be literally dozens of eating places open for business. The only stuff that may be hard to find at ungodly hours would probably be the "niche" stuff, like say cuisines of specific nationalities.
Gotta say though, you guys sure have plenty of franchises:
List of fast food restaurant chains - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"I Eat, Therefore I Am"