Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What exactly is the God particle?

11 Jul 2012   #61
Everlong

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Quote:
This particle is a big deal and quoted by some as one of the greatest discoveries in science.
how do you think that mankind is going to benefit from this?

Well it shows that the Standard Model is correct, and that we don't have to go back to the drawing board and draw up the laws of physics again.

It's like opening a toolbox and saying, "Good, I do have a screwdriver with me". Nobody can predict the impact of the discovery. It will lead to a better understand of the weak and strong forces in the Standard Model, and even on to the understanding of dark matter in the Universe or other undreamed practical benefits. Even maybe the possibility of manipulating the Higgs Boson, so we could control inertia and cutting back on our depletion of fossil fuels.

Is ignorance really that bliss?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2012   #62
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Quote:
This particle is a big deal and quoted by some as one of the greatest discoveries in science.
I think that the biggest deal in science, is what would do the most good for the people of the world...how do you think that mankind is going to benefit from this?
I think anything that knits together the theory of fundamental physics will have magnificent payoffs. I bet it will assist things from fusion energy research to new advanced materials.

When Newton discovered his 3 laws of motion I'm sure laborers in the field couldn't see how it related to their current fight to live.

Let's put the cost of this (& other discoveries) coming out of CERN into perspective. $8 billion is around the cost per month of running a full scale modern war.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2012   #63
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

That's an excellent synopsis Everlong. I wonder if it could one day unlock the mysteries of traveling close to the speed of light:

We know from Einsteins Theory of Special Relativity that as we increase our velocity, the energy required to continue accelerating becomes exponentially larger. With that comes an exponential increase in mass (mass and energy are interchangeable terms under relativity). Since we suspect that the Higgs bosun is the particle that gives mass to everything we know, perhaps the key to overcoming this mass increase is a manipulation of this particle....?

Great new discoveries have the potential to open so many doors.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Jul 2012   #64
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
I think that the biggest deal in science, is what would do the most good for the people of the world...how do you think that mankind is going to benefit from this?
Elucidation.

A piece of a puzzle so huge, that it will forever change the way mankind sees how it connects itself to the rich tapestry of existence.

An enforced change of inherent core beliefs that have skewed reality and dictated erroneous dogma for millenniums.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2012   #65
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post

Great new discoveries have the potential to open so many doors.
A number of us have hammered the obvious. Maybe it's time for you to close your thread.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2012   #66
Shamone

Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium
 
 

So called richard dawkins says we are robots we are product of chance big bang, then why do we have emotions, love, hate ,choice, reasons, robots don't have feelings all theory, God created all, not the big bang.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2012   #67
Golden
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ult. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shamone View Post
God created all not the big bang.
Keep to the topic or don't post a reply - this thread is about the significance of the Higgs bosun particle, and what implications it might have. Religious discussion is banned on this forum.

Regards,
Golden
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2012   #68
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shamone View Post
God created all not the big bang.
Keep to the topic or don't post a reply - this thread is about the significance of the Higgs bosun particle, and what implications it might have. Religious discussion is banned on this forum.

Regards,
Golden
True but when were you appointed a moderator.
You or a moderator can close the thread but I think it is beginning to cause conflict not needed in a "Chillout" area.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2012   #69
z3r010

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shamone View Post
God created all not the big bang.
Keep to the topic or don't post a reply - this thread is about the significance of the Higgs bosun particle, and what implications it might have. Religious discussion is banned on this forum.

Regards,
Golden
True but when were you appointed a moderator.
You or a moderator can close the thread but I think it is beginning to cause conflict not needed in a "Chillout" area.
He doesn't need to be a moderator to point out our site rules.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2012   #70
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

No point in commenting any further.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
CERN Higgs boson God particle findings coming soon
CERN prepares to deliver Higgs particle findings - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Chillout Room
What happened to that giant particle collision machine?
They tuned it on last time, and they are suppose to test it with full pace in Dec?...i want that black hole :cry:
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App