Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.

Windows 7: Ebay is selling skype

07 Sep 2009   #1

Ebay is selling skype

Ebay Selling Skype

Back in 2005 eBay bought Skype in front of Google and Yahoo for around 3.1 billion USD or around 16 billion DKR, At today's rates. The plan was to integrate Skype into their trading platform and thereby secure their own market position. It succeeded, however, not true and that is why Ebay for longer wanted to sell Skype, just as they have written down value of Skype for 1.7 billion USD.

We have now managed to sell 65% of Skype for a group of investment companies for 1.9 billion USD. It is therefore much better than ebay itself had estimated the company and with a remaining stake of 35% is ebay to be able to get almost all of the high payments is home again.

Skype went from having 54 million users in 2005 and by the end of 2008 they had 405 million users. It will be interesting to see if skype can develop more as an independent company than they could as a part of Ebay.
My System SpecsSystem Spec

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Selling a Windows 8 Key
I had a computer I was running on Windows 8. Of course I upgraded free to Windows 8.1. Later when I was doing a factory reset the computer crashed and wouldn't power on. After resetting the BIOS settings manually and doing several other things, it looked like I needed a new motherboard. I...
Windows Updates & Activation
Selling my PC, Not sure how much to sell for?
Hi all, First off this is NOT a sales thread. I am looking to sell my HighSpec Computer just not sure of a price? Specs: Corsair AX-750 Modular Power Supply Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD X6 1090T O/C 4.2Ghz
General Discussion
Worth selling the old GPU?
Since I have a new Graphics card arriving Wed or Thurs. this week, Im not sure what Im going to do with my old one. So, Ive been thinking and Im entertaining the idea of just selling it. This is the card: - Open Box: SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100269VXLE Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit...
Chillout Room
Skype sold by eBay to private investment group
Read The Rest Here: Skype sold by eBay to private investment group

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14.

Twitter Facebook Google+

Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App