Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Apple Wins Trial Against Samsung

24 Aug 2012   #1

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 
Apple Wins Trial Against Samsung

My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2012   #2

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Samsung products are now going to be costly it seems...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2012   #3

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
Samsung products are now going to be costly it seems...
You can thank Apple. I hate how Apple is doing this to Samsung! I'm glad Motorola (which is owned by Google now) is suing Apple to try and get a ban on all of its devices. Apple has messed with the wrong operating system
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2012   #4

Win 7 Ultimate (64-bit), Win 8.1.1 (64-bit)
 
 

Apple is pursuing this ridiculous lawsuit against Samsung in multiple countries. I find it interesting that in every other trial I've read about, Samsung has prevailed. Only in the trial held a few miles from Apple's headquarters (Cupertino and San Jose are adjacent cities within the same county) has Apple prevailed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2012   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x86 Service Pack 1 - Linux Mint Mate 14 x64
 
 

Apple is just a over-priced brand name..people buy Apple to look good and show how much money they earn every year.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2012   #6
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

This is a real shambles. I hope they are not going to sue me because my kitchen table has round corners.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2012   #7

Windows 7, 64 bit Home SP1, Win 8.1.1 Pro 64 bit
 
 

When I upgraded to a smart phone, I succombed to Apple and got a (Verizon) iPhone4 as there were a couple of apps that I wanted that were only available for Apple products. The first thing I found out is it works the way it wants to, not how the user wants it. When I connected it to my PC (I had to do that initially) it took my entire address book, which I didn't want on the phone as it also has an e-mail list for a club that I maintain. Second it took 3 hours on the phone with Verizon tech to get it activated. I decided I didn't want it and shipped it back. I talked to a customer service rep about a different phone and was told the Samsung is just like the Apple except it uses Android OS. I got a Samsung Galaxy S "Fascinate" phone. It has its drawbacks and limitations too and I can't delete a lot of the pre-installed garbage, and the last OS update now causes it to periodically lockup and it must be reset by removing the battery. Sadly, I have to admit my daughter's (AT&T) iPhone4 works better than my Samsung "clone".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2012   #8

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
When I upgraded to a smart phone, I succombed to Apple and got a (Verizon) iPhone4 as there were a couple of apps that I wanted that were only available for Apple products. The first thing I found out is it works the way it wants to, not how the user wants it. When I connected it to my PC (I had to do that initially) it took my entire address book, which I didn't want on the phone as it also has an e-mail list for a club that I maintain. Second it took 3 hours on the phone with Verizon tech to get it activated. I decided I didn't want it and shipped it back. I talked to a customer service rep about a different phone and was told the Samsung is just like the Apple except it uses Android OS. I got a Samsung Galaxy S "Fascinate" phone. It has its drawbacks and limitations too and I can't delete a lot of the pre-installed garbage, and the last OS update now causes it to periodically lockup and it must be reset by removing the battery. Sadly, I have to admit my daughter's (AT&T) iPhone4 works better than my Samsung "clone".
The earlier versions of touchwiz looked a bit more like iOS (but weren't complete rip-offs) but the newer versions of touchwiz are hardly like iOS at all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2012   #9

Vista/Windows 7
 
 

I have always had Android phones (and tablets) I just root them and install custom firmwares as there is a huge community of builders
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2012   #10

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by burtie View Post
I have always had Android phones (and tablets) I just root them and install custom firmwares as there is a huge community of builders
There are a lot of great custom roms out there! Especially Cyanogenmod 10.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33