Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: So what do you think of Lance Armstrong?

01 Sep 2012   #21
LADYPINKtomato1

Windows 8 - 64-bit
 
 

He's innocent until proven guilty.. that's the law.
People for some reason, love to help people asend to great heights.. then knock them off the ladder.
I don't get this , he still WON those races.. no one can take that away, they can take the medals,
but he won those races fair and square at the time they took place.. now years later,
someone wants to de-throne him by word of mouth.
This is my opinion.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2012   #22
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Lance Armstrong is a great cancer survivor an amazing cyclist and a wonderful human being.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2012   #23
Phone Man

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
Lance Armstrong is a great cancer survivor an amazing cyclist and a wonderful human being.


Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Sep 2012   #24
pincushion

Windows 7 x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LADYPINKtomato1 View Post
He's innocent until proven guilty.. that's the law.
People for some reason, love to help people asend to great heights.. then knock them off the ladder.
I don't get this , he still WON those races.. no one can take that away, they can take the medals,
but he won those races fair and square at the time they took place.. now years later,
someone wants to de-throne him by word of mouth.
This is my opinion.
Are you a cyclist? There does appear to be an issue with many who will take sides on this even when they have considerable knowledge about the sport but I can't see how you can say he won 'fair and square' when the drugs are performance enhancing. How is that fair? Drugs have been used by many in such races but his team mates and those running his team have been accused and have been banned because the evidence appears to be too great to ignore. The fact he didn't test positive (he did apparently in an early race) was because his team found ways around the tests. The 'evidence' should come out in time.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Sep 2012   #25
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

I think his Arm is Strong
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2012   #26
F5ing

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Couldn't care less. Other than being a collosal waste of cash (and to who's benefit?).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2012   #27
Phone Man

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pincushion View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LADYPINKtomato1 View Post
He's innocent until proven guilty.. that's the law.
People for some reason, love to help people asend to great heights.. then knock them off the ladder.
I don't get this , he still WON those races.. no one can take that away, they can take the medals,
but he won those races fair and square at the time they took place.. now years later,
someone wants to de-throne him by word of mouth.
This is my opinion.
Are you a cyclist? There does appear to be an issue with many who will take sides on this even when they have considerable knowledge about the sport but I can't see how you can say he won 'fair and square' when the drugs are performance enhancing. How is that fair? Drugs have been used by many in such races but his team mates and those running his team have been accused and have been banned because the evidence appears to be too great to ignore. The fact he didn't test positive (he did apparently in an early race) was because his team found ways around the tests. The 'evidence' should come out in time.

I will wait on the "evidence". So far there is NONE that has come out. Where is this "evidence". Do you have any?? You seem to make a lot of statements but you have shown no proof. The old saying "Put Up or Shut Up" applies.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2012   #28
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by F5ing View Post
Couldn't care less. Other than being a collosal waste of cash (and to who's benefit?).
I think you could say that for most sports. If you are not an enthusiast, it does not mean much to you.

The Tour de France is the toughest sports event on earth and has the most on-site spectators (20 million). In view of that, the bikers earn very little money. If they would play football (soccer), they would earn 10 times as much.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2012   #29
Hopalong X

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
I will wait on the "evidence". So far there is NONE that has come out. Where is this "evidence". Do you have any?? You seem to make a lot of statements but you have shown no proof. The old saying "Put Up or Shut Up" applies.

Jim
Well stated.



The Federal Grand Jury that was presented all evidence in the case returned no indictments for ANYTHING!

All you need for grand jury indictment is enough evidence that maybe a law was broken.

When that failed the USADA pulled his championships.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2012   #30
F5ing

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by F5ing View Post
Couldn't care less. Other than being a collosal waste of cash (and to who's benefit?).
I think you could say that for most sports. If you are not an enthusiast, it does not mean much to you.

The Tour de France is the toughest sports event on earth and has the most on-site spectators (20 million). In view of that, the bikers earn very little money. If they would play football (soccer), they would earn 10 times as much.
I meant that it has not caused me to lose any respect I already had for his accomplishments.

Although not an enthusiast, I cannot ignore his amazing achievements.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
First man on moon Neil Armstrong has died
Read more at: First man on moon Neil Armstrong has died | Cutting Edge - CNET News
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:07.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App