Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: So what do you think of Lance Armstrong?

11 Oct 2012   #51
pincushion

Windows 7 x64 SP1
 
 

Lance Armstrong: Usada report labels him 'a serial cheat'

BBC Sport - Lance Armstrong: Usada report labels him 'a serial cheat'

The 'conspiracy' against Armstrong is just not credible and although it appears there has been extensive drug-taking throughout the TDF, why should he be treated any different than all the others who were uncovered?

Very sad but we have to live by the decisions we make.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2012   #52
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Wow, I just answered a thread on dating, now Lance Armstrong?
Great tech forum.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2012   #53
spencer1

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pincushion View Post
Lance Armstrong: Usada report labels him 'a serial cheat'

BBC Sport - Lance Armstrong: Usada report labels him 'a serial cheat'

The 'conspiracy' against Armstrong is just not credible and although it appears there has been extensive drug-taking throughout the TDF, why should he be treated any different than all the others who were uncovered?

Very sad but we have to live by the decisions we make.


Here are the files for the USADA case, with affidavits in the "Appendices and Supporting Materials" tab:

Cycling Investigation - USADA

It's all very extensive, more so than I had thought it would be.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Oct 2012   #54
spencer1

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Wow, I just answered a thread on dating, now Lance Armstrong?
Great tech forum.
lol.. It is a tech forum, with an OT section. Man does not live by Win7 alone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2012   #55
pincushion

Windows 7 x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spencer1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pincushion View Post
Lance Armstrong: Usada report labels him 'a serial cheat'

BBC Sport - Lance Armstrong: Usada report labels him 'a serial cheat'

The 'conspiracy' against Armstrong is just not credible and although it appears there has been extensive drug-taking throughout the TDF, why should he be treated any different than all the others who were uncovered?

Very sad but we have to live by the decisions we make.


Here are the files for the USADA case, with affidavits in the "Appendices and Supporting Materials" tab:

Cycling Investigation - USADA

It's all very extensive, more so than I had thought it would be.
And this -

Reasoned Decision

He might finally admit it when he sees more benefits from doing so than continually denying it. Takes a deal of courage though ....

My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2012   #56
spencer1

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pincushion View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spencer1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pincushion View Post
Lance Armstrong: Usada report labels him 'a serial cheat'

BBC Sport - Lance Armstrong: Usada report labels him 'a serial cheat'

The 'conspiracy' against Armstrong is just not credible and although it appears there has been extensive drug-taking throughout the TDF, why should he be treated any different than all the others who were uncovered?

Very sad but we have to live by the decisions we make.


Here are the files for the USADA case, with affidavits in the "Appendices and Supporting Materials" tab:

Cycling Investigation - USADA

It's all very extensive, more so than I had thought it would be.
And this -

Reasoned Decision

He might finally admit it when he sees more benefits from doing so than continually denying it. Takes a deal of courage though ....

This may sound corny, but I see Armstrong as sort of the "Al Capone" of pro cycling. I not sure if he will confess because of the legal issues that could arise. Then again he may have to come clean if he is put under oath.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2012   #57
pincushion

Windows 7 x64 SP1
 
 

He's certainly between the proverbial 'rock and a hard place' - not very nice for him at all and since drug-taking was so extensive I wouldn't condemn him outright, but he made his choices .... always best to have a clear conscience ... something I preach constantly but don't always follow ....

My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2012   #58
jadinolf

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spencer1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Wow, I just answered a thread on dating, now Lance Armstrong?
Great tech forum.
lol.. It is a tech forum, with an OT section. Man does not live by Win7 alone.
Where does it say that?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2012   #59
LADYPINKtomato1

Windows 8 - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Wow, I just answered a thread on dating, now Lance Armstrong?
Great tech forum.
Haha Britton.. I'm posting behind you again .. this is in the ChillOut Room thread..
we need to chill out, let our hair down for a little, after all the techie stuff we have to deal with in everyday life.
I'm disappointed in him.. I had been an advocate of his earlier in this thread, however so much has come to light from years past.. it's now looking like there's overwhelming evidence to convict .
Makes me very sad, when our young kids had looked up to him , this will be hard for so many to try and move forward with holding fast to truth and doing the honorable thing in their future. We parents try our very best to instill in our children, truth, honesty, character, doing what is right, plus so much more, then this happens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2012   #60
linnemeyerhere

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

As the evidence mounts on Lance it is very sad that professional sport has become so tainted at all levels by these and all other advances in training. On the one hand I still believe that no drug can change the drive in the athletes heart and soul or change significantly the drive in their head. On the other I know that this situation with Lance is just the tip of the iceberg, it makes all these sporting events highly suspect and in some examples dangerous like in weight lifting, body building, football and baseball. As I don't follow soccer I wonder if this is a problem there? Maybe I'm a neophyte for wanting to get back to a gentler and simpler sporting life. Maybe this is why I love the sports I do.....all though cycling was and is still one of them !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
First man on moon Neil Armstrong has died
Read more at: First man on moon Neil Armstrong has died | Cutting Edge - CNET News
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:24.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App