Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What do you think of the new iPhone?

View Poll Results: Do You Like the New iPhone?
Yes 7 26.92%
No 14 53.85%
Kind Of 5 19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

15 Sep 2012   #21

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Name:  iphone_5_sucks_but_i_want_one.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  94.5 KB

A Guy


My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2012   #22

Windows 8 - 64-bit
 
 

All the connectors for the IPhone5 have to be the new kind..
not any of the old ones will work with Iphone5 now, I just read a very long article about it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2012   #23

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LADYPINKtomato1 View Post
All the connectors for the IPhone5 have to be the new kind..
not any of the old ones will work with Iphone5 now, I just read a very long article about it.
Best time to upgrade all of your hardware so it works with the new iPhone.
Why keep the old and busted? Just get the new hotness!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2012   #24

Windows 7 Home premium 64bit SP1
 
 

I prefer the Andriod phones,more customization.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2012   #25

Windows 8.1 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LADYPINKtomato1 View Post
All the connectors for the IPhone5 have to be the new kind..
not any of the old ones will work with Iphone5 now, I just read a very long article about it.
Best time to upgrade all of your hardware so it works with the new iPhone.
Why keep the old and busted? Just get the new hotness!!!
It's not really. I can understand the need to upgrade, if there's improvements, but the Lightning connector is still only USB 2.0, so some the transfer speeds aren't going to be hugely different, and some of the new cars that come fitted with iPhone/iPod docks aren't compatible with the adapter you can get for the iPhone 5. Also people who have spent a load of money on docks etc aren't going to have their phones fit snugly in to the dock as they have to have this huge adapter.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2012   #26

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LADYPINKtomato1 View Post
All the connectors for the IPhone5 have to be the new kind..
not any of the old ones will work with Iphone5 now, I just read a very long article about it.
Best time to upgrade all of your hardware so it works with the new iPhone.
Why keep the old and busted? Just get the new hotness!!!
It's not really. I can understand the need to upgrade, if there's improvements, but the Lightning connector is still only USB 2.0, so some the transfer speeds aren't going to be hugely different, and some of the new cars that come fitted with iPhone/iPod docks aren't compatible with the adapter you can get for the iPhone 5. Also people who have spent a load of money on docks etc aren't going to have their phones fit snugly in to the dock as they have to have this huge adapter.
I'm not happy about having to buy new stuff for my device. The new adapter should atleast be USB 3.0 compatible.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2012   #27

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, BackTrack Linux 5 R2, Windows XP
 
 

New iPhone? Nothing new to see here, move along. The fact is, when it comes to Android vs. iPhone, it's basically apples and oranges. Apple has specifically targeted the non-tech-savvy market with the iPhone and locked everything down into a box so that users can't change anything and everything is simple-stupid for them to figure out.

Androids are infinitely more customizable and configurable due to their open-source nature. Root it, run Linux commands, build your own operating system and custom ROMs. That is why I will always be a die-hard Android fan. Get tired of your phone? Load a new ROM and it's like you have a whole new phone again. I recently loaded a new Android 4.0.4 ICS customized ROM on my rooted EVO 3D, and my battery life has QUADRUPLED, and everything is so much faster, it's like a whole new phone all over again.

Also, you rarely have to worry about accessory compatibility, since all Androids use the industry-standard micro USB connector. AND, Androids all support SD cards for expansion. Sure as hell can't do that with an iPhone!

So to me, the answer seems clear, but it's all about what you want. Do you want a phone that's super easy and you don't care to tinker around and customize it, do you want a phone that is sleek and classy? Get your iPhone. Do you want infinite expandability and customization options? Get your Android.

I, for one am more biased against Apple than ever after the Samsung vs. Apple court ruling. Apple sued them for "copying" certain features such as double-tap to zoom and other cool, seemingly standard touch-screen features. Imagine this...what would the automobile industry be like if, for example, BMW patented hatchbacks, windshield wiper delay mechanisms, seatbelts, airbags, in-dash navigation systems, or the like? What if no other company was allowed to build cars with those standardized items? You get the picture. That is why I will never buy a Crapple product. My two cents :-)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2012   #28

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
 
 

I hate to break the bad news that the Windshield wiper delay mechanism is patented and the guy got rich reaping the benefits of his invention of the intermittant wiper.

Rich
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2012   #29

Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195
 
 

I don't like Apple nor their products. However, I do commend them for their idiot-proof architecture. That being said, I agree on the whole apples and oranges thing.

Personally, I would recommend the iPhone to my less tech-savy friends. Sure it would cost them more and more and more, but such is the price of ignorace. You techies know--especially when you help fix other computers, remember? It's like teaching calculus to an english major.

Me: no iPhone
Less techy people: go iPhone (and I recommend that they do)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Sep 2012   #30

Windows 8 - 64-bit
 
 

Did you guys see this tonite ?
unlocked posts on CNET
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: What do you think of the new iPhone?
Thread Forum
iPhone 4s 32gb or iPhone 5 16gb Chillout Room
Solved iPhone 4s Chillout Room
Sync Outlook with Iphone display in Iphone name from outlook: FILE AS: Microsoft Office
iPhone 4 Chillout Room
iPhone 4 Chillout Room
please help with my iphone Hardware & Devices
Is 'iPhone Video' the Name of the Next iPhone? Chillout Room

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33