Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Will October 26 ever come?????

10 Oct 2012   #1
msdos622wasfun

Windows 8 Release Preview x64
 
 
Will October 26 ever come?????

Hey everyone.

Okay, go easy on me if you're not a fan of Windows 8 at the moment.

I just feel the need to get this off my chest because I'm going through a bit of withdrawal. I have the release preview installed on my system at home (I'm on my Windows 7 laptop right now), but I only have a few things installed because I'm just testing things out at the moment. I really don't want to install everything because it's just going to get wiped again when I install the final version of Windows 8 at the end of this month.

So I don't have my system "the way I really want it" right now. And I only have a few games installed. I'm not going full blast. Still, most things are working pretty well so I can't really complain.

Anybody else got the same pre-upgrade jitters that I do? Or can relate from past experience?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Oct 2012   #2
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

im perfectly calm, relaxed, awaiting the release of windows 9,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Oct 2012   #3
M1GU31

Windows 10 64bit Technical Preview
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
im perfectly calm, relaxed, awaiting the release of windows 9,

Anyways I could see your point and if I was going to upgrade soon I would probably hold off installing too much and use my other machine for the mean time for installing apps until I got the upgrade. I think it's a personally reasonable reason to hold off installing a bunch of apps which you will wipe in around 2 weeks.About win 8 jitters I can't say because last time I had win 8 was about 2 months ago.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Oct 2012   #4
msdos622wasfun

Windows 8 Release Preview x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
im perfectly calm, relaxed, awaiting the release of windows 9,
Oh, come on. You love Windows 8. You know you want it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Oct 2012   #5
msdos622wasfun

Windows 8 Release Preview x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
im perfectly calm, relaxed, awaiting the release of windows 9,

Anyways I could see your point and if I was going to upgrade soon I would probably hold off installing too much and use my other machine for the mean time for installing apps until I got the upgrade. I think it's a personally reasonable reason to hold off installing a bunch of apps which you will wipe in around 2 weeks.About win 8 jitters I can't say because last time I had win 8 was about 2 months ago.
Precisely. Anyway, I'm sure two more weeks will just fly by. I mean, it's almost 2013 for goodness sake. Didn't 2012 just start?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2012   #6
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Aww, and here I thought seeing the title of the thread it was going to be about the 3rd season of Gold Rush. LOL.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2012   #7
Phone Man

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

I am dual booting Win 7 and Win 8 RTM and have all my peripherals working but still waiting on vendors to update their drivers and software to Win 8 version before doing a lot. I plan to stay with this setup for quite awhile since I will keep my old laptop on Windows 7 as it doesn't like Win 8. Also I don't want to retrain the wife on her desktop. Besides if Window 8 flops I can deny I ever used it.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2012   #8
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Yes, it has always come immediately following October 25th. I think it's December 21st that the world will end.
Oh, wait, you're waiting on Windows 8, Vista 2?!?
I'm waiting for Win 9 with boohbah.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2012   #9
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by msdos622wasfun View Post
Precisely. Anyway, I'm sure two more weeks will just fly by. I mean, it's almost 2013 for goodness sake. Didn't 2012 just start?
Y2K seems like it just happened. How time flies......................
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2012   #10
msdos622wasfun

Windows 8 Release Preview x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Yes, it has always come immediately following October 25th. I think it's December 21st that the world will end.
Oh, wait, you're waiting on Windows 8, Vista 2?!?
I'm waiting for Win 9 with boohbah.
Ah, but will there be a "Windows 9"?

Paul Thurrott is theorizing some interesting things about how large monolithic releases from Microsoft might be a thing of the past.

Take a look at this article of his for instance:

The Death of Version Numbers

It seems as though instead of having us look at Windows in terms of Windows 8, Windows 9, Windows 10, etc., Microsoft might want us to just think of it as "The New Windows," or, put simply, "just Windows." Like "The New Office."

After all, they apparently intend to update Windows from this point forward on a much more regular basis, and heck, even Office is now being provided to us as a subscription.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
MSRT October 11: EyeStye
Source A Guy
Security News
Firefox 4.0 Beta 7 by the End of October
More - Firefox 4.0 Beta 7 by the End of October - Softpedia
News
Any changes to the October 22nd release..?
Has anybody experienced any changes from the October 22nd release compared to the previous releases? Thanks in advance.
General Discussion
Install RTM, then activate w/ key in October?
Can I install the RTM build 7600.16385 on my system and choose to not activate somehow? I thought I read somewhere that you can choose to not activate for up to 120 days before it becomes unusable? If I did this, then I could install now and be able to activate with the key I will get in October...
Installation & Setup
Windows 7 comes out October 22
More...
News
Windows 7 : Available October 23
Windows 7 will be ready a bit early, according to an executive at the world's third-largest PC maker, Acer. On Thursday Acer UK marketing director Bobby Watkins told tech blog Pocket-lint.com to expect the new operating system by fall: "23rd October is the date the Windows 7 will be...
News

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:43.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App