Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Today [11]

24 Dec 2012   #91

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

So this is why Colin is fogged?

A Guy

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Dec 2012   #92

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult. x64 Windows 8.1 x64 Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Tri-Boot
 
 

Yep, plus I picked up a damn cold from somewhere...........
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2012   #93

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Today I rang 5 heating suppliers and finally managed to find somewhere that has the part in stock so we can fix our broken boiler.

It will be great to have hot water and heating in time for Christmas


Merry Christmas all


Paul.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Dec 2012   #94

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Yep, plus I picked up a damn cold from somewhere...........
Have you been drinking out of a damp glass?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2012   #95

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Yep, plus I picked up a damn cold from somewhere...........
Did you get you inoculations before traveling to a foreign county?

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2012   #96

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult. x64 Windows 8.1 x64 Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Tri-Boot
 
 

Hehehe. Damn damp cold
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2012   #97

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

England a foreign country? Not by my reckoning. Everywhere else, Yes.

As regards drinking from a damp glass, how can you drink from a dry one? A drink, of whatever you fancy, is by definition wet. Ergo, if you pour said concoction in to a glass and proceed to drink it, the said glass is no longer dry since it contains (or contained) a liquid, a property of which is being wet.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2012   #98

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
England a foreign country? Not by my reckoning. Everywhere else, Yes.

As regards drinking from a damp glass, how can you drink from a dry one? A drink, of whatever you fancy, is by definition wet. Ergo, if you pour said concoction in to a glass and proceed to drink it, the said glass is no longer dry since it contains (or contained) a liquid, a property of which is being wet.
If you pour neat alcohol into a dry glass, the capillary attraction of alcohol to alcohol is greater than the attraction of alcohol to glass therefore the glass stays dry! Pour it into a wet glass and you catch a cold!
Simple Name:  meerkat-150x150.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  9.0 KB
Q.E.D.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2012   #99

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
England a foreign country? Not by my reckoning. Everywhere else, Yes.

As regards drinking from a damp glass, how can you drink from a dry one? A drink, of whatever you fancy, is by definition wet. Ergo, if you pour said concoction in to a glass and proceed to drink it, the said glass is no longer dry since it contains (or contained) a liquid, a property of which is being wet.
If you pour neat alcohol into a dry glass, the capillary attraction of alcohol to alcohol is greater than the attraction of alcohol to glass therefore the glass stays dry! Pour it into a wet glass and you catch a cold!
Simple
Q.E.D.
Sounds like I shall have to put this theory to the test when I get home from work in a few hours. It may require several attempts using various brands and blends. I will report my findings.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2012   #100

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by marsmimar View Post

Sounds like I shall have to put this theory to the test when I get home from work in a few hours. It may require several attempts using various brands and blends. I will report my findings.
Please do but remember this is not a theory, it is a well proven FACT. Should you find otherwise in your testing then that will undoubtedly be due to extreme inebriation so won't count!
You could always try again later of course!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Today [11]





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Today [11]
Thread Forum
Today [12] Chillout Room
I certainly won't be doing THIS today Chillout Room
Need a Hug Today? Chillout Room
Today [7] Chillout Room
Today [4] Chillout Room
Today [3] Chillout Room
Today Chillout Room

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33