Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Quote of the Day - [4]

20 Jun 2015   #1041
DocBrown

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

An idea is not responsible for the people who believe in it.

Chinese Fortune Cookie for Today !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2015   #1042
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

The best way to compile inaccurate information that no one wants is to make it up.
~Scott Adams

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2015   #1043
maxie

windows 7 home 64bit
 
 

Everything that is made beautiful and fair and lovely is made for the eye of one who sees.


Rumi
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Jun 2015   #1044
GokAy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by maxie View Post
Everything that is made beautiful and fair and lovely is made for the eye of one who sees.


Rumi
Full Name: Mevlana Celaleddin-i Rumi (known as Mevlana more than Rumi here in Turkey)

Having been to the Dervish Lodge (where his tomb is) in Konya a couple of times when I was a kid/teenager, I am not into Islamic Sufism or mysticism.

Must take great concentration and practice to dance this though and that's admirable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g35j5Ra0N48

There is also some controversy for his love to his male companion Sems, there are people on either side.

Here is the most known one:
Quote:
Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, worshipper, lover of leaving,
Ours is not a caravan of despair.
Even if you have broken your vows a thousand times
It doesn’t matter
Come, come yet again, come”
A perfect example of Islamic tolerance, which many Muslim today have forgotten.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2015   #1045
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GokAy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by maxie View Post
Everything that is made beautiful and fair and lovely is made for the eye of one who sees.


Rumi
Full Name: Mevlana Celaleddin-i Rumi (known as Mevlana more than Rumi here in Turkey)

Having been to the Dervish Lodge (where his tomb is) in Konya a couple of times when I was a kid/teenager, I am not into Islamic Sufism or mysticism.

Must take great concentration and practice to dance this though and that's admirable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g35j5Ra0N48

There is also some controversy for his love to his male companion Sems, there are people on either side.

Here is the most known one:
Quote:
Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, worshipper, lover of leaving,
Ours is not a caravan of despair.
Even if you have broken your vows a thousand times
It doesn’t matter
Come, come yet again, come”
A perfect example of Islamic tolerance, which many Muslim today have forgotten.
Thank you for that, especially the last line!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2015   #1046
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Today's quote:
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2015   #1047
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Television news is like a lightning flash. It makes a loud noise, lights up everything around it, leaves everything else in darkness and then is suddenly gone.
~Hodding Carter

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2015   #1048
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Television news is like a lightning flash. It makes a loud noise, lights up everything around it, leaves everything else in darkness and then is suddenly gone.
~Hodding Carter

A Guy
He must have said that before the 24 hour news cycle began. Now it's news 24 hours a day. It never goes away.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2015   #1049
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Television news is like a lightning flash. It makes a loud noise, lights up everything around it, leaves everything else in darkness and then is suddenly gone.
~Hodding Carter

A Guy
That's funny because it's true.—Homer Simpson.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2015   #1050
maxie

windows 7 home 64bit
 
 

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.


John Wooden
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Quote of the Day - [3]
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. Oscar Wilde {Jan & I}
Chillout Room
Quote of the Day - 2
I have seen more funny, signature quotes than I can remember! ... but I saw this one today and thought it would be a fun topic. If you've seen one you like, post it :D Continuation of: http://www.sevenforums.com/chillout-room/31490-quote-day.html
Chillout Room
Quote of the Day
I have seen more funny, signature quotes than I can remember! ... but I saw this one today and thought it would be a fun topic. If you've seen one you like, post it :D
Chillout Room
<Quote> is currently unavailable
When opening the Desktop in Windows Explorer I get the following error along with my data: " is currently unavailable. Screenshot attached. Suggestions welcome.
General Discussion
multi quote NOT working, Quote acting as Multi, but..
Clicking quote is now wanting to quote that person for every post made on that particular page, and "multi" button link isnt working at all.
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App