Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Why FACEBOOK do advertising of them?

30 May 2013   #1

Ultimate 32bit
 
 
Why FACEBOOK do advertising of them?

Guys,For few months i am seeing in many sites that facebook is advertising their site where they r world most 2nd visited site?What they want from netizens?To open accounts more than 1?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2013   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

Not everybody has a Facebook account (believe it or not).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2013   #3

Mac OSX 10.6.8, Win 7 home premium sp1
 
 

I joined fakebook kicking and screaming. didn't want to join. now I'm hooked. I hate it but can't stop using it. crazy. something about it is addictive, not even sure what?

I hate being bombarded with irrelevant ads and pages I have no interest in... example: just because a friend likes the naked underwater snake wrestling page does NOT mean that I will like it, or care to see it!
when a friend likes a page, I get an Ad for that page. annoying. But still I keep using facebook. I mean fake book.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LMiller7 View Post
Not everybody has a Facebook account (believe it or not).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 May 2013   #4

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

There is a life without Facebook. I live one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2013   #5

Windows 7 Pro 32/64 bit and Windows 8 Pro 32 Bit/64bit
 
 

I joined it for 2 reasons only
1. If I was not on it I would never see pics of my grandkids
2. So I can explain to my clients who to set privacy settings and what to stay away from
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2013   #6

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
There is a life without Facebook. I live one.
What really bites my ample asset is the number of news sites, businesses, even forums, etc. that assume most, if not all people are on Facebook. Thank God I'm retired because many employers now demand access to employees', especially prospective employees', social media accounts and are very suspicious of those who do not have them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 May 2013   #7

Windows 8.1 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
There is a life without Facebook. I live one.
What really bites my ample asset is the number of news sites, businesses, even forums, etc. that assume most, if not all people are on Facebook. Thank God I'm retired because many employers now demand access to employees', especially prospective employees', social media accounts and are very suspicious of those who do not have them.

If you have no reason to use Facebook, then that's fair enough.

But when nearly 50% of Internet traffic will have a Facebook account, I don't see the problem with websites adding features such as Facebook Connect to their websites.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 May 2013   #8

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
There is a life without Facebook. I live one.
What really bites my ample asset is the number of news sites, businesses, even forums, etc. that assume most, if not all people are on Facebook. Thank God I'm retired because many employers now demand access to employees', especially prospective employees', social media accounts and are very suspicious of those who do not have them.

If you have no reason to use Facebook, then that's fair enough.

But when nearly 50% of Internet traffic will have a Facebook account, I don't see the problem with websites adding features such as Facebook Connect to their websites.
Well said Harry.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 May 2013   #9

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
There is a life without Facebook. I live one.
What really bites my ample asset is the number of news sites, businesses, even forums, etc. that assume most, if not all people are on Facebook. Thank God I'm retired because many employers now demand access to employees', especially prospective employees', social media accounts and are very suspicious of those who do not have them.

If you have no reason to use Facebook, then that's fair enough.

But when nearly 50% of Internet traffic will have a Facebook account, I don't see the problem with websites adding features such as Facebook Connect to their websites.
It's not merely the adding of a Facebook link or login as an option that's the issue; it's when places limit their accessibility to Facebook only. I feel discriminated against for having a life, real friends, and preferring to not expose myself to the risks of an unsecure website. Most news sites now require a social media login to be able to comment. Often, the only way to get coupons or other special offers is through Facebook.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 May 2013   #10

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

You have it correct in my mind Lady.
When I want to do business with a company or use a news site ect. I don't want to use Facebook or anything like it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Why FACEBOOK do advertising of them?
Thread Forum
Advertising spam from @a. addresses Browsers & Mail
MS Massive’s In-Game Advertising On Par With Other Forms of Digital.. News
Really IRRITATING advertising via ISP's RE-DIRECTS Browsers & Mail

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33