Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Am at a loss

27 Jun 2013   #11
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

I must mention Facebook allows Porn sites as well that is another thing you have to watch for

before they would get banned but I have seen my friends post some wicked stuff that took me back
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2013   #12
Anak

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Ver 6.1.7600 Build 7601 - SP1
 
 

I can see there are some strong opinions for, and against the thread topic, therefore I only have one comment to make before I "unfriend" this thread.

I want to apologize to ICit2lol for the assumption I made regarding the lineage of his great-niece.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2013   #13
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
I use Facebook all the time but you have to think there are people out there just clicking on anything


Yep. I know one of those people well and I'm always wary of whatever link/app/blah they send me.

Anything that flashes, they'll click and not give a thought to the consequences.



I was a FaceBook holdout until the death of my wife 3 1/2 months ago. Since then I've used it daily to keep in contact with some friends.

Used properly, FaceBook is okay and quite safe. Although I always assume that what I post is no longer private and forever public. Definitely no self nudies being posted here





For kids, it's not so much FB being the problem, it's the internet itself.

Accessing material they should not be seeing or at least should have an adult to explain is simply not viable. The only truly 'safe' way to use the net and keep unwanted images/videos/opinions is to not use it. Sadly in this day and age, that is not a realistic option for most.


*PS - Who else wants to the red and white striped shirted man punished? Animals. Uncivilized animals.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Jun 2013   #14
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Yes I know Derek and well I suppose the majority of people are really just apathetic enough to not want censorship over material that I saw. I personally don't think there is any excuse or argument against censorship in matters of this nature, and anyone who argues it is taking away the rights of individuals would soon change their tune if they or one of theirs was treated in such a horrific manner and it to be broadcast for for the sickheads to blithely watch and then just forget.

Go ahead and waste your yearly trip around the sun I don't care quite frankly what anyone does with their precious time here in this life, but it is sickening to think that such obscenities as what I saw part of that evening is allowed to be screened and are in effect creating a culture of acceptance.

I am sure our admin would put the kibosh on anything remotely offensive as that. It goes on I know but I am sure everyone in the US or anywhere for that matter was appalled at the sight of those poor soldiers being dragged around that Somalian capital or some poor wretch being publicly beheaded in Beirut or that soldier that was hacked to death in London recently.
I think that the people who run those sites have an obligation to censor such material if only to prevent it from inciting others to do likewise.

Anak there was no need to apolgise for someone who I don't consider either part of my family lineage or have anywhere in my presence. Frankly to me it also speaks reams of what her parents must be thinking of letting her go on this wretched site because this was not the only instance of her or her immediate siblings posting material that I find quite offensive and indecent.
I am generally fairly broad minded but there is a limit and they all - not just this one - have over stepped the boundaries of human decency, in mine and my brothers minds.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2013   #15
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
I use Facebook all the time but you have to think there are people out there just clicking on anything


Yep. I know one of those people well and I'm always wary of whatever link/app/blah they send me.

Anything that flashes, they'll click and not give a thought to the consequences.



I was a FaceBook holdout until the death of my wife 3 1/2 months ago. Since then I've used it daily to keep in contact with some friends.

Used properly, FaceBook is okay and quite safe. Although I always assume that what I post is no longer private and forever public. Definitely no self nudies being posted here





For kids, it's not so much FB being the problem, it's the internet itself.

Accessing material they should not be seeing or at least should have an adult to explain is simply not viable. The only truly 'safe' way to use the net and keep unwanted images/videos/opinions is to not use it. Sadly in this day and age, that is not a realistic option for most.


*PS - Who else wants to the red and white striped shirted man punished? Animals. Uncivilized animals.
Yes mate it is really in al reality a problem that cannot be fixed I suppose. I don't know perhaps I am bit too old fashioned but I just don't see what is wrong with emails phones and letters. To have ones business flashed around like this is pure madness especially after reading that article I posted.

Oh and I am so sorry to hear about losing your wife mate. Truly it must be awful as I see it so often at work and also know how I felt after 38 years to lose my ex to someone else, but for the parting to be that way would be unbearable to me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2013   #16
smarteyeball

 
 

Sadly that is how it these days. I actually feel sorry for kids who don't know of a life without the internet.


Cheers John. Yep, it is truly awful indeed. At least we knew it was coming 'sometime' and while that was a horror by itself, it did help soften the blow a tad when it came. Still incredibly painful though. Losing the most important thing to a person usually is and she was my everything
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2013   #17
bobafetthotmail

Win 7 Pro 64-bit 7601
 
 

I mantain a token presence on Facebook with a disposable anonymous account (linked to a outlook alias, not the main mail account), mainly for companies and other stuff that requires you to use facebook to get there.

As for kids acting like a-holes, it's not really new. It's just that now we have proofs of it, while before they were pestering animals or their peers with racist/homophobic/gang-like stuff blissfully unseen.

Quote:
I must mention Facebook allows Porn sites as well that is another thing you have to watch for
Cool. Can I spam pr0n to kids on Facebook or would that be illegal?

Quote:
The only truly 'safe' way to use the net and keep unwanted images/videos/opinions is to not use it.
For opinions it's enough having a good bond with your offspring, so that if he/she/it sees something weird comes to you asking your opinion and you can discuss the matter. Not always possible though, as requires smarts in both the parent and the kid.

Kids don't understand Pr0n until they develop enough to have a sexual drive (at which point there is no reason not to let them look at it), such stuff is usually disregarded automatically.

But again, if they are dumb they remain dumb. The Internet does not make it worse, just more apparent.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2013   #18
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobafetthotmail View Post
I mantain a token presence on Facebook with a disposable anonymous account (linked to a outlook alias, not the main mail account), mainly for companies and other stuff that requires you to use facebook to get there.

As for kids acting like a-holes, it's not really new. It's just that now we have proofs of it, while before they were pestering animals or their peers with racist/homophobic/gang-like stuff blissfully unseen.

Quote:
I must mention Facebook allows Porn sites as well that is another thing you have to watch for
Cool. Can I spam pr0n to kids on Facebook or would that be illegal?

Quote:
The only truly 'safe' way to use the net and keep unwanted images/videos/opinions is to not use it.
For opinions it's enough having a good bond with your offspring, so that if he/she/it sees something weird comes to you asking your opinion and you can discuss the matter. Not always possible though, as requires smarts in both the parent and the kid.

Kids don't understand Pr0n until they develop enough to have a sexual drive (at which point there is no reason not to let them look at it), such stuff is usually disregarded automatically.

But again, if they are dumb they remain dumb. The Internet does not make it worse, just more apparent.
Hum Bob well I don't know quite what to say I thought you were a bit more objective than that.
In my original post it was the ghastly way that those people were killed that was my main concern porn as you refer to it I couldn't care less cos it has been going on for millennia and there is probably not many people on the net or this site that has not at some time viewed it.
But deliberately setting human beings alight after a severe beating with wooden rods, fists, and kicking is in my mind totally obscene and so inappropriate for those of tender years to be watching just for something to do. I think if you could see that video I feel you would take a very different tack on this unspeakable act and gutless site.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2013   #19
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

a lot of these videos are about human rights and are forwarded or shared to make people aware these atrocities take place.
another one recently was a woman being publicy flogged as she was a rape victim and that is how female rape victims are dealt with in that country.
as she had had extra marital sex FFS!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2013   #20
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Ok I see I am outnumbered here I just cannot get the sight of that man with his skin on fire and seee hs breathing slow and stop out of my mind thats all.

I am not on any crusade or such but it just brings back memories of the gutless way that the UN and the rest of the so called free world stood around in Bosnia and watched as people were slaughtered and while Hussain chemically killed thousands without drawing breath.

Yes we can see and know what goes on but it is the apathetic way that a lot of people just accept it and carry on as if nothing has happened.

Like my ex used to say and it is on par with this - "No one cares about health until they get sick themselves" - so true because I cop those who don't look after themselves and expect miracles when they do get sick, and we wonder why the planet is in the state it is in
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
loss of sound
Hi, I have a home maid dvd of my wifes birthday party. It has played alright from when it was made but i played it recently & the sound dosen't play. Any suggestions on how i can overcome this problem folks? Thanks Lillybuck.
Sound & Audio
Evening Internet Connection Loss -- Unable To Identify Source Of Loss?
I need your help!!! I got a real challenge for you! I am confused! I cannot locate the Internet connection loss source. Every night for the past 5 late evenings my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit has been losing my Internet connection on my desktop computer anywhere between 8 PM-12 AM (Last 3 nights: 11:05...
Network & Sharing
Power Loss To Notebook Shows Loss of Windows Activation (!!??)
I had a power loss while running on battery (it still showed power left, but suddenly shut down anyway) and when I restart, it reports that the Windows is not activated and Window is not genuine and system might be a victim of "counterfeiting." Is this a virus (I have MSE on continuously and...
Windows Updates & Activation
HELP PLEASE. at a loss :(
Hi all, I recently changed my browser from Firefox to IE9, i imported my bookmarks as explained via another thread here and all was good. There was one folder however that i couldnt get off the bookmark tab so i went into user-pc name etc, favs and deleted it there. I opened IE9 and it was gone,...
General Discussion
At a Loss
Ladies and Gentlemen, I ask for your assistance. I am at my wit's end. I have been researching this issue for months, and have tried most of the suggestions I have found with no avail. My last resort is to post the error dumps and hope someone smarter than myself can find out what is...
BSOD Help and Support
I'm at a loss
HI all, Can anyone make heads or tails of this bug report. I can't tell what it is. I suspect new bios update but it could be software All comments are welcomed. Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App