Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: California ("Land of the Free" Bans Large TV's

17 Oct 2009   #11

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32 bit/Windows 8.1 64bit
 
 

Well I still use a CRT TV, mines a 28" the living room isn't big enough for anything large anyway plus we can't afford to replace it with anything else, I don't think you'd be able to go bigger than about 36"

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Oct 2009   #12

Windows 7 x64 HP, Windows 7 HP, Windows 7 Ult
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post


... If the only problem the state of California has to deal with is power consumption of TV's people must be really lucky -- No crime, panhandlers, unemployment, bad schools, bad health provision for "un-insured" etc etc. Lucky them.

Last time I took a trip to downtown LA there seemed to be plenty of issues that needed attention having a far higher priority than this piece of nonsense.


Cheers
jimbo
It is all part of the puzzle, I guess. Less energy consumption means more money to correct other problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #13
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

California is on the verge of bankruptcy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Oct 2009   #14

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
California is on the verge of bankruptcy.

Caleeforneea has been bankrupt for months now!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #15

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
We are missing the opportunity to fuel coal-burning power plants with dead politicians.
+1

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #16
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
California is on the verge of bankruptcy.

Caleeforneea has been bankrupt for months now!!!

Well, if you're going to be technical about it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #17

Win7Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheSchaft View Post
I believe that the ban - if it occurs and stands - is on plasma TVs because of the power consumption. Large screen LCDs would be OK, as I recall.

Yes, California COULD get a lot more solar and wind power, but (and there's always a but or two involved in these things) there are environmental studies, endangered species studies, yadda yadda to do before anything moves out there.

Example: Wind power - will it kill the birds that fly into the turbines? Are the turbines in the flight path of any migratory species? Will the construction harm the environment? Are there any endangered species whose mating would be disturbed by the noise? See how this goes? Solar is just as bad.
That's funny you say that. I was just talking to my dad that works for public works he was telling me that it took 2 years to start building a new 50mill sewer plant because of frog that lived near by ha!

They want to wind power the plant, but they stop that and what to do a study because it's in the flying path of the California condor!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #18
Lee

Win 7 Pro x64, VM Win XP, Win7 Pro Sandbox, Kubuntu 11
 
 

Joan, sorry to hear your home is so small, because of that I am not going tell you about my 58" Sanyo. . .oh, darn it slipped out.

Antman, good idea about the dead politicians, albeit do they have to be dead.

Guess I won't be moving to California, they will probably be stopping every one at he boarder to check if you are importing an illegal large screen TV.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #19

 

We are missing the opportunity to fuel coal-burning power plants with politicians.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Oct 2009   #20
whs

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Whilst they are at it they should ban TV all together. It is really not worth wasting energy on commercials.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 California ("Land of the Free" Bans Large TV's





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33