Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: i have an idea for a stickied thread on here

04 Aug 2013   #1
emmett82

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 
i have an idea for a stickied thread on here

a thread where people can list all the parts that they want to put in a full custom build they are doing or planing on doing. something like this would be good for wanna be fully custom comp builders (like me) to get info and advice on parts that could work better or be cheaper and probly the same power if not better ect
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2013   #2
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

The only problem I see with that is, if several people post with their build list in a short period of time, the responses could get confusing. I would think it would be better to post each request to vet a build list in its own thread, perhaps in a separate forum.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2013   #3
emmett82

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
The only problem I see with that is, if several people post with their build list in a short period of time, the responses could get confusing. I would think it would be better to post each request to vet a build list in its own thread, perhaps in a separate forum.
hmm now that i think about it i do agree with you it could get clustered fast. maybe it would be great as a sister site dubbed idk www.sevenforumbuilders.com for a example
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Aug 2013   #4
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by emmett82 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
The only problem I see with that is, if several people post with their build list in a short period of time, the responses could get confusing. I would think it would be better to post each request to vet a build list in its own thread, perhaps in a separate forum.
hmm now that i think about it i do agree with you it could get clustered fast. maybe it would be great as a sister site dubbed idk www.sevenforumbuilders.com for a example
No need for another site; just another forum within this site would suffice.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2013   #5
emmett82

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by emmett82 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
The only problem I see with that is, if several people post with their build list in a short period of time, the responses could get confusing. I would think it would be better to post each request to vet a build list in its own thread, perhaps in a separate forum.
hmm now that i think about it i do agree with you it could get clustered fast. maybe it would be great as a sister site dubbed idk www.sevenforumbuilders.com for a example
No need for another site; just another forum within this site would suffice.
ah so like a sub forum similar to how the tutorial page is set up with multiple links and ect
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2013   #6
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Although it is a nice thought, we do have the Overclocking and Case mods section, there is nothing to stop users posting a new thread of their build log in there.

Paul.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2013   #7
LADYPINKtomato1

Windows 8 - 64-bit
 
 

emmett82 hi .. try the below link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/

This might be a good place to start your list for the info. you may need.
So many areas to choose from on the above page.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2013   #8
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LADYPINKtomato1 View Post
emmett82 hi .. try the below link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/

This might be a good place to start your list for the info. you may need.
So many areas to choose from on the above page.
If I was going to post a list of parts for evaluation, the Hardware and Devices forum might not be a bad place to post.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2013   #9
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Hardware and devices sounds perfect/ Hardware is what it's all about,
Being I'm as ignorant as it gets on the subject it would be a nice thing to have around,
Educational lol,
Cheers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2013   #10
x BlueRobot

 

I believe the forum can only have so many sticky threads too, so a normal thread would be better, and it reduce the amount of confusion too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Idea's
I Been sorting my Folders out mainly Music, Video, Pics. Here is the problem: Drag N Drop from One folder to another in the same folder and it then will say NO YOU DON'T, then I click on another folder that has nothing too do with the items being moved and I then click TRY again, this then...
General Discussion
Please Help. i have no idea what to do
windows recently updated my computer. after i updated my computer, 2 folders appeared in my D drive (not my local disc) that was labeled with a series of characteres. Can any please tell me what this is.
General Discussion
Any idea how she did this or to fix it.
I'm attempting to fix my sister's computer (not easy being 150 miles away). Some how she seams to have changed her administrative account to a guest account, or so she claims. With our hectic schedules we've only been able to do e-mail tag on the problem but I don't even know how that's possible. I...
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:04.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App