Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: The Egg makes prices by whim

10 Jan 2014   #11
DavidE

Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64
 
 

You're welcome!
I'm thinking of picking up a couple of extra v1 lifetime licenses while they are still available.
I don't need them, but they would make a nice gift for someone that does.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2014   #12
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DavidW7ncus View Post
You're welcome!
I'm thinking of picking up a couple of extra v1 lifetime licenses while they are still available.
I don't need them, but they would make a nice gift for someone that does.
That's not a bad idea.

Edit: I just ordered two at $15 each since I have two Win 7 retail licenses I haven't used yet. Thanks for putting the thought into my head.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2014   #13
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Sounds like I should pick up one of the remaining lifetime licenses too. I've been hem-hawing about it for a year or so.

$9.99 looked like a good deal until I saw a shipping charge for a downloadable version with email of the key. Then it says, "shipped from Ohio"?? It's Amazon, by the way.

The Egg makes prices by whim-mbam.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Jan 2014   #14
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Sounds like I should pick up one of the remaining lifetime licenses too. I've been hem-hawing about it for a year or so.

$9.99 looked like a good deal until I saw a shipping charge for a downloadable version with email of the key. Then it says, "shipped from Ohio"?? It's Amazon, by the way.

Attachment 301137
Run far and fast from that one! That's being sold by one of Amazon's Marketplace vendors. I trust most those as far as I can spit upwind in a stiff breeze and this one looks especially dodgy.

The next cheapest one I saw on Amazon was being sold and shipped by Tiger Direct. I've heard too many horror tales about them to ever trust them.

I don't trust Amazon for buying Software from, period. Even if it's in Amazon's stock, they have been known to get their software from dodgy sources and have sold counterfeits. They also have been known to switch an order to a Marketplace vendor if their own stocks run out between the time one places an order and the order is filled.

The only places I will buy software from are NewEgg (despite their problems, they can still be trusted to sell genuine software), the software company itself, and Fry's Electronics. Fry's is usually overpriced but they frequently put software on sale. I was able to get my copy of Office 2010 Home and Student three pack for only $99 from Fry's—MSRP is $139—when it was on sale a little over a year ago; I got the last copy they had. I'm now seeing places selling Office 2010 H&S for really inflated prices now; as much as two and three times MSRP!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2014   #15
COMPUTIAC

Windows 8.1.1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DavidW7ncus View Post
You're welcome!
I'm thinking of picking up a couple of extra v1 lifetime licenses while they are still available.
I don't need them, but they would make a nice gift for someone that does.
That's not a bad idea.

Edit: I just ordered two at $15 each since I have two Win 7 retail licenses I haven't used yet. Thanks for putting the thought into my head.
Where did you order them from ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2014   #16
DavidE

Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64
 
 

They are already selling 1 Year license, so just have to pay attention to what is ordered.
This is from the Egg, current Malwarebytes listed on the site.

The Egg makes prices by whim-nessp03.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2014   #17
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DavidW7ncus View Post
You're welcome!
I'm thinking of picking up a couple of extra v1 lifetime licenses while they are still available.
I don't need them, but they would make a nice gift for someone that does.
That's not a bad idea.

Edit: I just ordered two at $15 each since I have two Win 7 retail licenses I haven't used yet. Thanks for putting the thought into my head.
Where did you order them from ?
ScrewEgg...er...NewEgg (aka the Fresh Henfruit company). I still had the discount code in my email trashcan.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2014   #18
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DavidW7ncus View Post
They are already selling 1 Year license, so just have to pay attention to what is ordered.
This is from the Egg, current Malwarebytes listed on the site.

Attachment 301143
Good point; I didn't see the one year. Fortunately, I got the lifetime.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2014   #19
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Newegg no longer has the lifetime one PC version.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Lifetime - Newegg.com=

MBAM site is now asking $24.95
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2014   #20
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Newegg no longer has the lifetime one PC version.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Lifetime - Newegg.com=...
Typical NewEgg. They have had more problems with stockouts. They accepted payment for my order so they better deliver!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
When will prices for HD go down?
Hello all, Any thoughts when will the prices for hard disks will be slashed back to their original? This hardware is essential and looking at the size of S/W and games now a days, it is required to have good amount of space on the PC. I heard somewhere that they will go down in the beginning...
Hardware & Devices
WOW!!! Look at what's happened to HDD prices!
I remember reading about a month ago of the flooding in Thailand, and how it would impact HDD prices as 25% of the worlds production was affected. I looked at newegg last night and prices have doubled in the last month! Guess, I will postpone that purchase of a NAS!!! The impending hard drive...
Hardware & Devices
Has anyone noticed RAM prices lately?
Has anyone noticed RAM prices lately? It's dirt cheap. I looked at my Newegg buying history from two years ago and I bought my current 4GB of RAM for $79.99. Today it goes for.......$31.99 Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop...
Hardware & Devices
Do you think the prices will go down?
Do you think the prices of Windows 7 will go down, because here in Portugal costs 135€ for upgrade version?
General Discussion
Laptop prices rising
Has anyone noticed that laptop manufacturers like Acer, Dell, etc. are mostly selling stock now off the shelves with only Vista home basic on? The units with Home Premium on have actually gone up in price. There are also fewer models that come with Premium on. Clearly trying to keep the...
General Discussion
Are you going to buy Win7 at these Prices
I was hoping that Microsoft would have reasonable prices on Windows 7. These Prices to me are most unreasonable. Pricing Windows 7 Starter $199,95 Windows 7 Home Premium $259,95 Windows 7 Professional $299,95 Windows 7 Ultimate $319,95 Windows 7 Enterprise Unknown Source:win7.in
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:22.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App