Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Any Vapers?

28 Dec 2014   #1181
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

A port on your alarm clock, nice touch. I have a plethora of usb chargers as my family is always charging cell phones in one room or another. On my mod, I see it does have a small led next to the usb port. I didn't notice it until I read that and looked.

That is a good price on the MVP. I hear the announcement for the MVP 3 come in early Jan.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2014   #1182
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Well that is the Version 3 seen there only Innokin simply labeled it the iTaste MVP 20W and left off the V3.0 part. They eliminated the 510/eGo connector seen on the V1 and V2 versions and now toss in an adapter instead to reduce the over size of this one. That's to completer with the iSticks, iStick Mini 10w, Cloupor 30w Mini, Beyang 30w coming sometime? as well as anything else compact.

Since the 2.0 was a short change on wattage as well as the VV v3.0s I have four of just before running across the 1300mah eGo-V V3 vv/vw batteries after shopping for Black Friday/ Cyber Monday week deals on the other iTaste 800mah battery there I generally only run the Smok Tumblers on them. The Nautilus was given a whirl at first but needed a little more then the 11w max the MVP offered. I have on on the VTR at 15w there being the max for that as well as on the 20watters I picked up lately!

Finding the alarm was a fluke one day when I just happened to walking by the housewares, towels section in a local Walmart and spotted the clock with two ac outlets! I later noticed the usb port after buying it and setting it up! That ran $24 while the Belkin 6 outlet plugin with two usb ports for $30 ended up with one of the two ports DOA! Then I found another plugin with only one ac outlet and two ports I passed along to someone I set up with a starter kit! They come in handy in stead of the endless time spent trying to charge things up off of a usb hub!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2014   #1183
Wishmaster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Charging via USB should be just fine. No harm or anything.

But USB Charge is more like a trickle charge vs a regular 'fast charge". Most of mine take something like 4 times longer via USB.
Although, if you set it to charge on USB overnight before you go to bed, it really shouldn't ever be a issue for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Dec 2014   #1184
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Charging via USB should be just fine. No harm or anything.

But USB Charge is more like a trickle charge vs a regular 'fast charge". Most of mine take something like 4 times longer via USB.
Although, if you set it to charge on USB overnight before you go to bed, it really shouldn't ever be a issue for you.
Charging overnight sounds like the way to go. As for the new Mod, the first day at work was great. Didn't have to take my charger to work, or swap out the batteries. With the Naulitus and using it on lower wattage it last about 24hrs real time. And a big plus is it's not top heavy anymore. I really like the BoxMod formfactor. It's actually smaller than I thought it would be and feels great to hold. For now I will continue vaping with the nautilus, but will get a sub-ohm soon
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2014   #1185
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Charging overnight is what is was taking when plugging eGo batteries into the usb hub and the long wait until the red led turned green indicating the old 650 and 1100mah batteries were done charging. Once I got the Belkin wall plugin with 6 outlets and two usb one of course not working the charging was about 3hrs. on average. It was a fluke at first finding the Sharp alarm until finding this is now more commonly seen for charging IPhonies and other devices. Sharp Alarm with USB and Outlets, Black - Walmart.com

You could actually charge three devices with two having ac wall adapters and one using the usb port. The other option besides the four bay Nitecore Digicharger D4 for a variety of rechargeable batteries is the 12000mah portable charging battery I went for. You only need to charge that up about once a week while it charges several batteries and mods before getting down too low. Jackery® Giant+ Premium Portable Charger Aluminum 12000mAh Power Pack and External Battery Bank

I charged up the MVP, a few iTaste VV v3.0s, some eGo-V V3 1300mah VV/VW Mega batteries as well as both iSticks before the charger itself needed a recharge wanting to see how far it would go. You won't the charging port on the MVP or other mod when carrying that along with you in a coat pocket.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2014   #1186
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

Thanks NightHawk, I'm good with it taking a little longer to charge. I think it took like 3hrs yesterday, even while I vaped it every now and then.

I really appreciate all the support and advice from all of you. I want to give a public shout out to Paul especially!

We talk about vaping through email as well as here. Paul really wants me to try the Atlantis. I told him I would soon, I will wait a while before I get one because my current job ends this week. He offered to buy one for me! at this point I revealed I had to wait on the purchase because my better half doesn't like me spending a lot. That was an amazing offer from him, I truly appreciated it!

Just for the record, so no one else makes an offer, I am good as I receive retirement income form my military time. I actually took about 18 months off when I retired from the military, before I got to bored and got another job.

I tend to carry on here, as I enjoy vaping, and the friendship from all of you.

Paul, thank you again mate!!

And thank you to Wishmaster for starting this thread, it has changed my life
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2014   #1187
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

I was always told never to charge overnight just in case of a fire risk.

I already told Doug but I just ordered one of those new fangled kanger subtanks. I will give my review in due course.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2014   #1188
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
I was always told never to charge overnight just in case of a fire risk.

I already told Doug but I just ordered one of those new fangled kanger subtanks. I will give my review in due course.
I think the risk is with leaving them in chargers, where as the slower charge from usb should be okay
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2014   #1189
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
Thanks NightHawk, I'm good with it taking a little longer to charge. I think it took like 3hrs yesterday, even while I vaped it every now and then.

I really appreciate all the support and advice from all of you. I want to give a public shout out to Paul especially!

We talk about vaping through email as well as here. Paul really wants me to try the Atlantis. I told him I would soon, I will wait a while before I get one because my current job ends this week. He offered to buy one for me! at this point I revealed I had to wait on the purchase because my better half doesn't like me spending a lot. That was an amazing offer from him, I truly appreciated it!

Just for the record, so no one else makes an offer, I am good as I receive retirement income form my military time. I actually took about 18 months off when I retired from the military, before I got to bored and got another job.

I tend to carry on here, as I enjoy vaping, and the friendship from all of you.

Paul, thank you again mate!!

And thank you to Wishmaster for starting this thread, it has changed my life

Arh no sweat on the offer Doug, I just wanted to help a good friend out. I look forward to you getting one all the same.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2014   #1190
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

Oh man at this price, it might be worth making the misus angry. Atlantis for $24.95

Aspire Atlantis
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App