Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Any Vapers?

01 Nov 2014   #631
Wishmaster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

I've actually noticed in building my own how many factors come into play with flavor/vapor etc.

For example, dual vs single coil and the wire used.

On a single coil build, 28g seems provide and much more satisfying vape, more flavor, vs the same coil/resistance built with 32g.
But a 32g twist is better than 28g, But needs a tad more voltage vs a single 28g build to perform well.

And while this may not matter to those who do not build their own, I think it may be the reason some heads that seem identical (both being 1.5Ohm) perform differently.
There are just so many variables. Voltage, Tank used, wire/wick combo, Nic Strength, PG/VG ratio, flavor .... so many things.


I just got this months Zamplebox. 5 of the 6 were great flavors and only 1 Im on the fence about. I've tried them all in then dripper, but only one in the Kayfun so far
This month I got:

*Sunburst by Victory (had this before, its very good so Im kinda happy to see it again)

*Apple All Day by Victory (quite good and Ill vape this one even though Im not the biggest apple fan. A light apple flavor)

*Blind Date by Mad Mike (Quite good. this is the 3rd Mad Mike flavor Ive got and they've all been good)

*Honey Dew by Smoke N Mist (I'll vape this one too. Not bad at all. Probably not something Id buy though)

*Krunk Tea by Vape Science (I like this one! Just not sure what it tastes like yet. Ill try this one next in the Kayfun. The kayfun typically gives better flavor than my dripper so it may make a difference)

*Dharma by Seduce Juice (This one Im on the fence about and vaping it now. Its supposed to be a Thai iced tea flavor. But Im getting a very subtle chocolate. I'll finish off this tank and see where it goes. Sometimes a flavor can grow on you. Its not that its bad. Its just that I just can't decide if I like it or not if that makes sense)

Overall, good box this month. Pretty happy!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2014   #632
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

I know some other people who work with the RDAs on a regular basis but tend to stick with either the fruit punch or tobacco flavors for the most part. Some of them go much further into sub ohming while most are staying above the 1ohm mark as a rule keeping things a little more down to earth there.

Here by mostly using one brand and model tank I am able to make some rather interesting observations when either turning up or down the volts or watts, or simply moving the same tank from battery to mod all set at 7w to see the results. Some seem to vape better on one of the Vamos(V5 and now V6 previously V2), MVP2.0, VTR all running 18650s with the VTR now running a flat top high drain when finally located! No one had flat top anything which the VTR takes.

I have my own primary flavors out of several by multiple vendors like a tobacco/menthol(Pioneer - CCV), a strawberry/watermelon(Melon Twist - CCV), another menthol/tobacco(Madvapes and EcigCharleston both) which is light on the menthol, Carmel Cappucino(Caramel Cap-CCV), a mocha/coffee type blend(Mocha Java-CCV), Chocolate/Tobacco for a switch! (Vertigo - CCV) and several others since I sample everything from that vendor(CCV = Crystal Canyon Vapes). Others like Strawberry Cheesecake(Mom&Pop Vape Shop) and Peanut Butter(Nettmix) and one you can no longer get while they still have the Fudge brownie was the Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie they did away with without any notice of disconinuation only seeing the "notify me" on the page.(sweet-vapes)

Now when you mentioned having two batteries or other set up to have more then one flavor ready try about two dozen here! Each and every battery including some non variables has a different flavor or a mix up except a few with the primary menthol(Pioneer) I keep going in case of an allergy attack! But one word of caution when having more then one sitting around in a tank too long is running into a kind of flavorless or bad throat hit(hot in back of throat) problem!

Here with too many flavors collected over time but not used up fast plus new ones coming out or found I am now vaping off what is in the tanks and setting each one aside until I catch up! I have spells where either I dust off a tank in about a day's time or only get about 1/8th vaped when having 3 or 4 going at the same time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2014   #633
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

I just read back through the thread and see some really good info. If I did that earlier it would have stopped some of my questions.

I am almost at the 3 week mark start point, and am very happy to get away from Marlboro's. Thank you all for your input. I am going to mix more flavors, and get another kit soon. I am totally in to this now and couldn't be happier
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Nov 2014   #634
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Well that's a good thing isn't it?! Here I had heard the term back when W7 was the brand new thing we were all looking at and thought to myself that might be something to look into but no info available. Later I got into a discussion where someone mentioned smokeless and I had to pause again being slightly skeptical since that was a year in 2010.

And then came the one chat with someone else who just in the quit smoking stage while I had already back by the end of August '12 and then friend mentioned seeing disposables at a local gas station. That was the first step! And now here I am right about 24 months of vaping and after the first six months smoke free!

The key is simply put as "Determination"! If you set on quitting you'll do it when especially when you get to the point where you say "No More!" and have gotten past all of the urges and no longer have to worry about falling backward into the same old rut you were in! Vaping helps even more by changing the experience as well as pattern of habits! It can be a giant wedge you jam in there between you and smoke! Work with it!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2014   #635
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
Thanks Paul.

Did you get the Kanger Protank 2 or the Kanger Protank 3 v2. What's the diff?

What kind of resistance is best for the coils? 1.5ohm - I have no idea.
The reason I gave the Protank 2 a mention is because it was one of the free included in the deal ones and I don't think it's a bad tank.

Personally I paid some extra and went for the Aspire Nautilus. For a couple of reasons. Firstly I already own an Aspire Nautilus Mini which is a great tank and I wanted to try the full size version. Also I can use the same coils in both without having to order different ones for 2 different tanks.

Personally I like 1.8Ohm BVC Coils which is what I use in both my Nautilus tanks.

It all depends if you want to go for a free "included" tank or don't mind spending the extra. I don't really know much about any of the tanks in the drop down list other than the Aspire Nautilus and Aspire Nautilus Mini. I would certainly recommend the Nautilus Mini but obviously that adds 10 to the overall cost. These are the replacement coils just in case - Aspire BVC Coil Head - Accessories

I would imagine all of the free tanks would be just fine as a starting point, but like I said before just make sure you know what replacement coils you need to get for when the time comes.


Paul.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2014   #636
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I just read back through the thread and see some really good info. If I did that earlier it would have stopped some of my questions.

I am almost at the 3 week mark start point, and am very happy to get away from Marlboro's. Thank you all for your input. I am going to mix more flavors, and get another kit soon. I am totally in to this now and couldn't be happier
Great going Doug, 3 weeks is excellent. Keep it up mate
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2014   #637
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I just read back through the thread and see some really good info. If I did that earlier it would have stopped some of my questions.

I am almost at the 3 week mark start point, and am very happy to get away from Marlboro's. Thank you all for your input. I am going to mix more flavors, and get another kit soon. I am totally in to this now and couldn't be happier
Great going Doug, 3 weeks is excellent. Keep it up mate
I quit cold turkey once for 8 months and still fell back into the former habit. At other times I went without for months and still found it easy to pick up again. The stretch of three weeks is a good start mind you but determination to accomplish the goal as well as resisting that awfully familiar temptation will be the real battle!

I know from experience here already about that little tweety bird in the back of your mind that hints: "wouldn't you just like to light one up? it won't hurt!" That's when you pull out a tennis racket and smack it around the court!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2014   #638
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I just read back through the thread and see some really good info. If I did that earlier it would have stopped some of my questions.

I am almost at the 3 week mark start point, and am very happy to get away from Marlboro's. Thank you all for your input. I am going to mix more flavors, and get another kit soon. I am totally in to this now and couldn't be happier
Great going Doug, 3 weeks is excellent. Keep it up mate
I quit cold turkey once for 8 months and still fell back into the former habit. At other times I went without for months and still found it easy to pick up again. The stretch of three weeks is a good start mind you but determination to accomplish the goal as well as resisting that awfully familiar temptation will be the real battle!

I know from experience here already about that little tweety bird in the back of your mind that hints: "wouldn't you just like to light one up? it won't hurt!" That's when you pull out a tennis racket and smack it around the court!
I quit 2 or 3 times for 1 or 2 months over the last 10 years or so (cold turkey too), it was really hard and a total battle, obviously I gave in both times in the end.
I also had a bad time around 10 days back where I was very close to having a cigarette. I couldn't get it out of my head for a few hours. I switched juice and thankfully after a while I was alright again. Been fine since touch wood.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2014   #639
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

That tweedy bird does show up time to time, but I'm going Sylvester mode now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2014   #640
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
That tweedy bird does show up time to time, but I'm going Sylvester mode now
I joined the 5ml club Doug and all is fine now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App