Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Today [15]

27 Dec 2014   #331
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Good choice on no Smart T.V.
Smart T.V.'s can be Spy T.V.'s from what I have read other places.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2014   #332
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Tell truth, for most functions, skip the smart TV and get a Bluray player with the same functionality built in. IMHO.

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2014   #333
Joan Archer

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32 bit/Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Tell truth, for most functions, skip the smart TV and get a Bluray player with the same functionality built in. IMHO.

A Guy
I think I'll be looking for a new player. I've got a Bush DVD player which must be about 10 years old same as the VHS recorder. We have lots of videos but we don't watch them now and they can all be got on DVD if we want them. A lot are nature programs we recorded from the TV and I know they can be got from the BBC on DVDs.

I just don't know what player to get, are they just players or can you get ones that you can record on, I'm going to have to do a bit of research.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Dec 2014   #334
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

The answer is yes You can get just a player. Most have internet capabilities and apps (Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, etc. Differs by unit). There are also DVD recorders, but a DVR device would be better for that. I don't have any, so can't recommend specifics, so use your gadget fu to research

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2014   #335
Joan Archer

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32 bit/Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
The answer is yes You can get just a player. Most have internet capabilities and apps (Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, etc. Differs by unit). There are also DVD recorders, but a DVR device would be better for that. I don't have any, so can't recommend specifics, so use your gadget fu to research

A Guy
Thanks Bill, a lot will depend on price, will probably end up with just a bog standard Blue-Ray player. The new Sky box has Wi-Fi included so I think that will be enough connections for the router for now. Going to be next year before there's any sign of fibre around here then it will depend of price whether we upgrade.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2014   #336
StalkeR

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 / Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Today I changed my Nexus 5 with Galaxy Note 3.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2014   #337
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by StalkeR View Post
Today I changed my Nexus 5 with Galaxy Note 3.
Congratulations on the new phone

2 questions for you:
1. What was the reason to switch?
2. Which Note 3 variant is it? N900 / N9005?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2014   #338
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Good choice on no Smart T.V.
Smart T.V.'s can be Spy T.V.'s from what I have read other places.
Why would anyone be interested to find out what you're watching on your T.V.?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2014   #339
StalkeR

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 / Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
Congratulations on the new phone

2 questions for you:
1. What was the reason to switch?
2. Which Note 3 variant is it? N900 / N9005?
Thanks Dinesh.

1. I need bigger phone and with better camera than Nexus's, but Note4 and Nexus 6 are too expensive for me and I go for Note3.

2. It's N9005 version.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2014   #340
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by StalkeR View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
Congratulations on the new phone

2 questions for you:
1. What was the reason to switch?
2. Which Note 3 variant is it? N900 / N9005?
Thanks Dinesh.

1. I need bigger phone and with better camera than Nexus's, but Note4 and Nexus 6 are too expensive for me and I go for 3.

2. It's N9005 version.
Very nice
Regarding the camera, try https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.Camera360

It has lot of effects and filters to choose from.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Today [14.2¾]
Today I finally managed to confirm my internship for the end of this year! I'll be spending half a year in Brussels speaking French and doing fancy stuff as a Junior Management Consultant in one of the biggest companies out there! Really stoked about it, especially since I'll be working closely...
Chillout Room
Need a Hug Today?
YouTube - Free Hugs in Sondrio, Italy It was amazing the number of people who walked by without getting a hug. "We all need hugs!"
Chillout Room
Today [6]
:note: continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/chillout-room/114036-today-5-a.html Today is Sunday and I'm NOT working. :D I'm at home on a Sunday after a very long time.
Chillout Room
Who did you hug today?
list those who you hugged today Poppa Anna Tracy Hope Mimi Mary Kate Tommy
Chillout Room
Today [2]
Continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/chillout-room/27696-today.html Today, I'm fixing to take a nap. :sleepy:
Chillout Room
Today
Today i worked out at my local ***nasium and later i made a new Sig for myself :)... what did you do today, please share ? Edit - Why is G Y M stared out ?
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App