Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Help with android phone connection

04 Mar 2016   #11
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Dang has to some where else to get it besides softpedia :/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2016   #12
rvcjew

7 Pro x64, 10 Pro x64
 
 

So I installed the app on my tablet and phone and you do need root to get the database.db that has the notes in it in a sql database. You can hold down on the note name in the app and it gives you a file to share that has the note but it only has the note when it's shrunk and not fully extended. I even tried using the sdk to backup the phone of my locked s6 (not daily) to see if it would find any system app and it did not get that app because of where it is stored I guess. I also had to make it a system app to even get it to show up right to use it. You could also try helium by clockwork and see what it will let you back it up, if it works and gets the app I can show you how to get the notes out.

Edit: This the adb drivers you need BTW. SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.zip (15.3MB) Technical Documentation | SAMSUNG Developers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2016   #13
dsperber

Windows 7 Pro x64 (1), Win7 Pro X64 (2)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Edit: This the adb drivers you need BTW. SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.zip (15.3MB) Technical Documentation | SAMSUNG Developers
Just in passing, this file on the Samsung Developers site is this IDENTICAL file (16,044,077 bytes zip, 16,061,256 bytes v1.5.51.0 EXE installer inside the zip) that is available for download from Softpedia. As I mentioned, I don't know why the Samsung download page doesn't provide this version as well but instead has the somewhat older 1.5.45.0.

The point is that this is the USB Driver which will allow the Samsung phones to be connected to Windows (the phone USB connection settings for "MTP" should be checked after you get the "new hardware detected" sound from Windows after plugging in the USB cable), and will allow Windows Explorer etc. to access the contents of internal/external storage on the phone. Kies is completely unnecessary and unwanted, although I'm sure there must be a USB driver installed as part of that package as well.

Now as far as whether the actual file content to be retrieved from whatever phone folder(s) you care to browse is actually usable on the PC either directly or only using other developer tools, well that's another matter. All I use this for is to transfer JPG, MP4, MP3, FLAC, etc. files from PC-to-phone of from phone-to-PC. Take pictures and videos using the phone camera, and then want to get them over to the PC. Etc., etc. That's what the USB driver facilitates.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Mar 2016   #14
rvcjew

7 Pro x64, 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsperber View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Edit: This the adb drivers you need BTW. SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.zip (15.3MB) Technical Documentation | SAMSUNG Developers
Just in passing, this file on the Samsung Developers site is this IDENTICAL file (16,044,077 bytes zip, 16,061,256 bytes v1.5.51.0 EXE installer inside the zip) that is available for download from Softpedia. As I mentioned, I don't know why the Samsung download page doesn't provide this version as well but instead has the somewhat older 1.5.45.0.

The point is that this is the USB Driver which will allow the Samsung phones to be connected to Windows (the phone USB connection settings for "MTP" should be checked after you get the "new hardware detected" sound from Windows after plugging in the USB cable), and will allow Windows Explorer etc. to access the contents of internal/external storage on the phone. Kies is completely unnecessary and unwanted, although I'm sure there must be a USB driver installed as part of that package as well.

Now as far as whether the actual file content to be retrieved from whatever phone folder(s) you care to browse is actually usable on the PC either directly or only using other developer tools, well that's another matter. All I use this for is to transfer JPG, MP4, MP3, FLAC, etc. files from PC-to-phone of from phone-to-PC. Take pictures and videos using the phone camera, and then want to get them over to the PC. Etc., etc. That's what the USB driver facilitates.
Those are the drivers for adb (android debug bridge) not mtp. Mtp just uses windows drivers. The file they need is behind a hidden folder that only root users can see.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2016   #15
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Ok I am going to uninstall and install again from the Softpedia site as I did that the first time then the Samsung site the second time. In my pic you can see it sitting there in Programs and Features but unless it is not a program as such there is nothing listed in Start > Programs??

The Galaxy gear is the nearest thing I can get to when choosing the type of device when running that USB software and I don't get any listing for my provider - Telstra - it is the national carrier.


Attached Thumbnails
Help with android phone connection-samsung-usb.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2016   #16
rvcjew

7 Pro x64, 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
Ok I am going to uninstall and install again from the Softpedia site as I did that the first time then the Samsung site the second time. In my pic you can see it sitting there in Programs and Features but unless it is not a program as such there is nothing listed in Start > Programs??

The Galaxy gear is the nearest thing I can get to when choosing the type of device when running that USB software and I don't get any listing for my provider - Telstra - it is the national carrier.
John did you put galaxy gear when you installed the driver and it asked what device you had, if so then you installed drivers for a smart watch.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2016   #17
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Yes mate because I had no options for my provider or indeed what the model of the phone is.

In the meantime I had tried to copy the memo files and now have lost the lot and have tried three different recovery tools but with no success. This is the very reason I have been trying to copy those passwords and contacts to my computer so I have to start form square one again. I did try re syncing the device but it didn't redo the memo app

I shall take it to my supplier on Monday and see if they can get my data back. Honestly I am over Samsung and this has kept me occupied for far too long why they ad to make it so difficult is a mystery, maybe I should have gone iPhone as my partner said but didn't as the supplier said the Samsung was just as good. Lynne my partner lost a heap of photos a while back on her S4 but somehow and I think because she has some sort of Apple stuff on the phone the photos miraculously came back.

If I have to keep stuff like that again I shall just try and find an app that I can access and save stuff to the computer.

But hey everyone thanks for the help anyway
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Mar 2016   #18
rvcjew

7 Pro x64, 10 Pro x64
 
 

Ah that sucks man. So the notes are not even In that app anymore? Did you put the ones you recreated on a sdcard if so might be able to get them back. Edit: just saw that you have tried some recovery tools.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Mar 2016   #19
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

No mate they did show me how to move the memo to the SD card and they did it but on checking later the memo had somehow got back into the main device.

I do remember backing up the phone before when it originally went bust but cannot find and of the saved stuff on the computer. So unless the suppliers can get back my data - probably very unlikely I shall have to start from square one which means getting the banks and other sites to reset my passwords. Most of that will have to be done by phone of course as I cannot tell from the auto login on some sites what the password was to change it.

I might just check the card again later to see what if anything was on it bit as we know I cannot access that wretched memo app data - it simply does not make sense.

Oh and I did contact Samsung Australia for ehlp but as usual ti will take a while I guess.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Mar 2016   #20
rvcjew

7 Pro x64, 10 Pro x64
 
 

I doubt Samsung will help. As the only way is to back up the app is to root your phone to access that folder with it unless you use other newer tools. Did you try the helium method? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...GhBT_A2O8s9Gqw you would need to enable usb debugging on your phone then download the desktop app for helium and run that, then start the app on your phone and plug it into the computer and agree to the notice that pops up on your device. It let's you backup system apps like the memo app. Then you can extract the backup with a tool called hbe to view the notes in the sql database. It's a little complex but if you can just get the backup started first of the app I can walk you through the rest. This of course will not work if the memo app is now blank on your phone, and if I understand you correctly that is unfortunately the case cause if you still had the notes at least one the phone you would not need to reset passwords correct? Sorry if I'm getting confused.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Gps appfor android phone
I'm looking for a GPS app that has voice guidance. I've downloaded a number from Googleplay, but can't seem to find one that works well. I'm willing to pay for a good app. Any suggestions? Thanks,
Software
Hooking up an android phone
I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace and have installed it's software and Kies but it is not being recognised in Computer. When I run Kies it shows up my computers pics but off the phone nothing. Any ideas please as I am not real good with these new phones.
Hardware & Devices
Best Android phone?
Hi, Which in your expert opinion is the best high end Android phone. Xperia Z2, Samsung Galaxy S5 or LG G3? My main priorities are one which can run Sygic maps and support Skype video. Thanks.
Chillout Room
Need drivers for android phone!
My Phone iz ZTE RACER II Windows can't find them online, neither can I, so if someone has them, let me know ;)
Drivers
Windows Phone 7 or Android
I am looking at getting a smartphone and am considering either Windows Phone 7 because of Xbox Live integration. Or Android because of customizability. iOS is not an option.
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App