Quote: Originally Posted by macgyver2
Being a person who watches almost every SCI-FI or fantasy movie put out I can't wait to see this in imax. I have read all over people either love or hate this movie and I really start to wonder if they are sci-fi fans or not. As for the story line being the same old thing with all the movies, TV shows etc how can we come up with any different without having comparisons to other stories already avail. ? I can't see that anyone could come up with a truly 100% unique story line.
Here's my litterary talent at work -- how about this for a plot
1) Space ship lands on a planet a few light years away.
2) Evidence that it at one time had a civilisation about equivalent to 20th century Earth. Evidence was found deep under within the planet's surface
3) Civilisation was ascertained to have died out because of massive Solar flare of the Planets Sun.
4) On returning to Laboratory back on Earth dates are checked.
5) Religious astronomer comes to conclusion that the Star must have had the flares at about the time of "Star of Bethlehem" was alleged to have appeared on Earth.
6) End of story with a Prayer -- Astronomer believes in God but says surely out of all the other possible stars you could have used why did you choose the one with a Civilisation that was just beginning with its own exploration of Space.
Enjoy -- and that's what you can do while typing and having a glass of strong Malt Scotch whisky in your hand.