Here's my theory of what the computer of the near-future (this I think could be made in a few years) could be:
1: a Lithium-ion polymer battery
Battery cell formed into a thin slab about the same width and height of the finished laptop.
2: the circuitry is printed directly onto the battery - or the battery becomes the motherboard's backing.
3: all chips, like the CPU, GPU, RAM and the SSD/ROM are printed at the same time as the motherboard, and otherwise completely imbedded into the motherboard.
3.1: the chips would have as much as their code as possible in the firmware, so as time goes on new technology can be implemented such as DirectX 12 or WiFi M
4. in between the layers of the SPB (System Processing Board) will be a thermoelectric wire array that will absorb excess heat and convert it back into electricity. On hot days this can also recharge the battery.
5. for recharging the laptop or powering accessories, it will have a system for Wireless Energy Transfer
, which will allow it to connect wirelessly to a hub that will recharge the laptop and will have the ports such as HDMI or USB, even from say three feet away. This would allow the laptop to not have any ports at all. Of course this would mean that there would have to be a wireless communications protocol that also transmits power In order to connect to accessories.
6. the keyboard and track-pad wiring and whatever will be printed directly onto the motherboard, then everything is encased in the hard plastic used to encase microchips.
7. I do no know yet how the hinge will work, but in the top half the camera will be directly fused to the led screen. there may be an area between the screen and the hinge where a couple Piezoelectricity speakers will be located.
8. except for the hinge, the speakers, and maybe the camera, this computer would be by default completely waterproof.
so, what do you think?