Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Private messages

26 Jan 2010   #1

Win7 Ultimate 64bit Retail
 
 
Private messages

If there is no option in my personal profile to send a private message, does this mean I don't have sufficient privileges?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2010   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by poppa bear View Post
If there is no option in my personal profile to send a private message, does this mean I don't have sufficient privileges?
They PM capabilities seem to be missing, try going to a post of somone you are trying to contact and click on the name by the avatar.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition
 
 

ummmm i just sent one no problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by poppa bear View Post
If there is no option in my personal profile to send a private message, does this mean I don't have sufficient privileges?
They PM capabilities seem to be missing, try going to a post of somone you are trying to contact and click on the name by the avatar.

Nothing's missing. You don't see this option here in your User CP?

Name:  Capture8i.JPG
Views: 174
Size:  11.3 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2010   #5
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

On the left hand side of your 'UserCP', scroll to Send Message. Is that missing?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Also should see the option from "Quick Links" at the top, and from clicking on the users name like was mentioned.

Name:  Capturep.JPG
Views: 171
Size:  19.9 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2010   #7

 

The Contact information on users profiles has been removed for now because it was showing email Addresses for IM contacts (messenger, yahoo etc)

I got this from the top (from John aka z3r010, 1 week ago)

You can still send PM's the way Aaron just showed
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2010   #8

 
 

You must also "Enable Private Messaging" in "Edit Options" of your Control panel:

Name:  PM_01.png
Views: 16
Size:  11.4 KB

Cheers!
Robert


My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2010   #9

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9 View Post
The Contact information on users profiles has been removed for now because it was showing email Addresses for IM contacts (messenger, yahoo etc)

I got this from the top (from John aka z3r010, 1 week ago)

You can still send PM's the way Aaron just showed
That was for a different matter altogether (member personal security, to reduce/eliminate SPAM). It DOES NOT affect our PM system.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2010   #10

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9 View Post
The Contact information on users profiles has been removed for now because it was showing email Addresses for IM contacts (messenger, yahoo etc)

I got this from the top (from John aka z3r010, 1 week ago)

You can still send PM's the way Aaron just showed
That was for a different matter altogether (member personal security, to reduce/eliminate SPAM). It DOES NOT affect our PM system.
I know that, but it effects the way i used to send PM's to people I usually used the contact tab on peoples profiles to send them PM's.

Anyways, why not just put up a warning against spam if you choose to show your email there? (like you can choose between publishing your email or not)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Private messages
Thread Forum
Help with odd messages General Discussion
Lan pop-up messages Network & Sharing
Helo to send all fax messages without getting any error messages? Network & Sharing
Download messages Performance & Maintenance
Old Private Messages Chillout Room
Messages Chillout Room

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33