Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Telephone Siren

24 Feb 2010   #1

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 
Telephone Siren

When I attempt to place a call to a particular number, I get an unusual sound, something like a police siren with a high and low tone, only more rapid. What does this mean?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
When I attempt to place a call to a particular number, I get an unusual sound, something like a police siren with a high and low tone, only more rapid. What does this mean?
The number you are calling may be busy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #3

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Maybe, but it isn't like any busy signals that I have heard before.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #4

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

I just noticed that you post count exceeds 2000, yet you don't have a gold member badge...why not?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #5

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
I just noticed that you post count exceeds 2000, yet you don't have a gold member badge...why not?
He has the badge if he wants it, but it is not shown because there is a max of 3 badges at one time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Maybe, but it isn't like any busy signals that I have heard before.
Maybe they are just fancy. Try again in a few hours. Not asking what the number is, but is it a 1-800 number or a normal number?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
I just noticed that you post count exceeds 2000, yet you don't have a gold member badge...why not?
It would've replaced one of my current badges, so I requested to not have it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #7

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Maybe, but it isn't like any busy signals that I have heard before.
Maybe they are just fancy. Try again in a few hours. Not asking what the number is, but is it a 1-800 number or a normal number?
It is not 800.

Quote:
It would've replaced one of my current badges, so I requested to not have it.
Ah sooo.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Maybe, but it isn't like any busy signals that I have heard before.
Maybe they are just fancy. Try again in a few hours. Not asking what the number is, but is it a 1-800 number or a normal number?
It is not 800.

Quote:
It would've replaced one of my current badges, so I requested to not have it.
Ah sooo.

I asked about the number type only because sometimes a 1-800 number will give a busy signal when their phone service is out (no clue why).

I like my current badges, only badges I would trade one of them in for (current badges anyways) is SF Team, Mod, Super Mod, Admin (LOL), and Developer. Not likely to get any one of those though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #9

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
I like my current badges, only badges I would trade one of them in for (current badges anyways) is SF Team, Mod, Super Mod, Admin (LOL), and Developer. Not likely to get any one of those though.
Who knows? Mods come, mods go.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #10

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
When I attempt to place a call to a particular number, I get an unusual sound, something like a police siren with a high and low tone, only more rapid. What does this mean?
This sounds like what I get at work when I try to call an outside line without dialing 9 first.

You might try here for other ideas
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Telephone Siren
Thread Forum
EZ voice telephone answer program Software
Telephone wall jacks. Network & Sharing
Telephone LED Displays Chillout Room
WIFI Telephone Activity Chillout Room
Windows 7 Telephone Activation - Fails Windows Updates & Activation
Audio Is Rolling -Kind Of Like A Siren...? Sound & Audio
Telephone /fax card Sound & Audio

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33