Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Seven Forums Mobile?

24 Feb 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Seven Forums Mobile?

So today I was bored at working and decided to start browsing the forums on my Blackberry. I'm not sure if anyone brought this up before or not but I think it would be pretty cool to have a mobile version for Smartphone users ...just my two cents
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #2

vista 32bit
 
 

Would be nice as I do use the site quite often on my blackberry althogh the site does show up fine in opera on my blackberry and can read all apost without moving (except to see who wrote it). it did tale abit to figure out you messed up try again was on about though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition
 
 

im not sure there is really a need for a mobile site.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by valtonray View Post
im not sure there is really a need for a mobile site.
Probably not, but I would support it.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #5

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phase View Post
So today I was bored at working and decided to start browsing the forums on my Blackberry. I'm not sure if anyone brought this up before or not but I think it would be pretty cool to have a mobile version for Smartphone users ...just my two cents
Ive been trying to get John (z3r010) to install a skin for mobile users since before Sevenforums existed, Theres just not enough traffic from mobile users to justify the work.

In your UserCP you can turn off multiple things like signatures and display pictures, Also try the various skins using the combo box at the bottom of the page and you should have some luck.

Blackberry uses a WebKit browser now (I think), so it should be more than capable of displaying the site reasonably well

Steven
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dmex View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phase View Post
So today I was bored at working and decided to start browsing the forums on my Blackberry. I'm not sure if anyone brought this up before or not but I think it would be pretty cool to have a mobile version for Smartphone users ...just my two cents
Ive been trying to get John (z3r010) to install a skin for mobile users since before Sevenforums existed, Theres just not enough traffic from mobile users to justify the work.

In your UserCP you can turn off multiple things like signatures and display pictures, Also try the various skins using the combo box at the bottom of the page and you should have some luck.

Blackberry uses a WebKit browser now (I think), so it should be more than capable of displaying the site reasonably well

Steven
Wouldnt that be a really easy install?

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Feb 2010   #7

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Wouldnt that be a really easy install?

~Lordbob
If it was easy he would have already done it

Its not like like installing a Windows program, he would need to fully customize and test all the mods and setup scripts for handling mobile clients. Its a real pain in the ass.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Feb 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dmex View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Wouldnt that be a really easy install?

~Lordbob
If it was easy he would have already done it

Its not like like installing a Windows program, he would need to fully customize and test all the mods and setup scripts for handling mobile clients. Its a real pain in the ass.
Oh.... I should have known that.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Feb 2010   #9

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Well, I browse a lot on my Touch to figure out what's going on with my stuff when I can't be at the computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Feb 2010   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Why visit a forum for Windows on a Crackberry?

I say that if we DO get a MOBILE forum it should only work with Windows Mobile phones. Just to stay constant. What next? Visit SevenForums.com on your Mac OSX?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Seven Forums Mobile?
Thread Forum
Solved Seven Forums, Eight Forums, Registration question Chillout Room
Solved Mobile view/skin for these forums? Chillout Room
Solved Thank You Seven Forums. Chillout Room
Solved Seven Forums Mobile Chillout Room
Welcome to Seven Forums [2] General Discussion
'Firefox Mobile' updates for Windows Mobile News

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33