Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh
Thank you guys. I hope I should be OK by tomorrow because I m not going to office since last 2 days.
The problem every subside?
Sounds like you either got poison ivy or chigger bites or both.
Solutions that I've found that work to a certain extent for both:
1. take a hot bath and soak in the hot water. Use a liberal amount of bubble bath in the the bath (I use plain Palmolive dish soap.) Supposedly, the chiggers drown.
2. buy the largest box of baking soda you can find, and then apply and rub the baking soda on the itching and/or reddened areas. Do this while in the tub. Do this any time. Just make a paste with a little water if not in the tub. I've got a jar of backing soda sitting by the tub.
3. calamine/calagesic/caladryl lotion works well for relieving itching especially with poison oak.
4. Chiggerex relieves chigger itching.
5. for many bites, simply coating the bite area with clear fingernail polish will work miracles.
If it's poison ivy, there is a very expensive lotion which is strongly recommended-think it's called Zanlafel.
Took a couple of weeks for my poison ivy rash to disappear and that could have been just the body healing itself. I've got patches of poison ivy in my backyard.