Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Do You Know What This Is

15 Jul 2010   #1

Win7 Pro-64 Bit
 
 
Do You Know What This Is

Can you guess what it is they are loading onto the aircraft?
Do You Know What This Is-1.jpg

It is a 5 MB Hard Disk Drive for the IBM 305 RAMAC, the first IBM 'SUPER' computer released in September 1956.
This HDD weighed over a ton and stored an 'astonishing' (@ the time) 5 MB of data.
Do you appreciate being able to reach into your pocket & pull out your 8 GB memory stick now - or perhaps even your 3GS iPhone with 32 GB of memory?!?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2010   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

Is it USB compatible? I could use something that big so people wouldn't steal it... I've had my USB stole countless times in school when I leave it in and then print something, then I live the room for 20 seconds, and nobody is in the room. Then when I come back, its not there =/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AssaultRifle View Post
Is it USB compatible? I could use something that big so people wouldn't steal it... I've had my USB stole countless times in school when I leave it in and then print something, then I live the room for 20 seconds, and nobody is in the room. Then when I come back, its not there =/
Lol, that would be so legit to plop that down beside you in lab

"whats everyone looking at?"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Jul 2010   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Pictures like that make you realize how far our technology has come. Inside my BlackBerry is a microSDHC card with 16 GB RAM, the size of my thumbnail! I love it and hope it keeps up like this!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2010   #5

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by silverwolf73 View Post
Pictures like that make you realize how far our technology has come. Inside my BlackBerry is a microSDHC card with 16 GB RAM, the size of my thumbnail! I love it and hope it keeps up like this!
It will continue, as Moore's Law has shown, but there are physical limitations. At some point our chips will stop miniaturizing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2010   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BrightBlessings View Post
Can you guess what it is they are loading onto the aircraft?
Attachment 85414

It is a 5 MB Hard Disk Drive for the IBM 305 RAMAC, the first IBM 'SUPER' computer released in September 1956.
This HDD weighed over a ton and stored an 'astonishing' (@ the time) 5 MB of data.
Not good for porn storage.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2010   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JonM33 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BrightBlessings View Post
Can you guess what it is they are loading onto the aircraft?
Attachment 85414

It is a 5 MB Hard Disk Drive for the IBM 305 RAMAC, the first IBM 'SUPER' computer released in September 1956.
This HDD weighed over a ton and stored an 'astonishing' (@ the time) 5 MB of data.
Not good for porn storage.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2010   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

I bet they'll get down to the size of a grain of rice before they can't be shrunk anymore.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jul 2010   #9

Micosoft Windows 7 Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by silverwolf73 View Post
I bet they'll get down to the size of a grain of rice before they can't be shrunk anymore.
Way beyond that, read this article I found on google.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/24/sc...4cnd-chip.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33