Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How cheap could i get this if i..

24 Jul 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 
How cheap could i get this if i..

How cheap could i get this if I got each component seperate and put it together?

Alienware Aurora Desktop Details | Dell UK
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

A good place to start is with NewEgg. I also would recommend looking at CPU Magazines website which has a wealth of information and may help you find good price comparisons or better components.

I own a Dell and ever since they bought Alienware, the systems have not been the same as building your own rig. There are also quite a few good websites that can build the same rig for you on the cheap. Cyberpower, Puget, etc.

Let me know what you think!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2010   #3

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
How cheap could i get this if I got each component seperate and put it together?

Alienware Aurora Desktop Details | Dell UK
If you are going to use the same level components then when you include the retail version of the operating system I doubt very much if you will save any money. The big advantage with build your own is that you can choose exactly the components you need. It won't necessarily make it cheaper though. The best way is to write down a list of all the components then start taking one at a time, costing like for like and then seeing if there is a saving at the end. If so that's when you can start upgrading some components. Will take a lot of time and there will be a lot of decision making en-route but good luck with it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Jul 2010   #4

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BugOutMachine View Post
A good place to start is with NewEgg. I also would recommend looking at CPU Magazines website which has a wealth of information and may help you find good price comparisons or better components.

I own a Dell and ever since they bought Alienware, the systems have not been the same as building your own rig. There are also quite a few good websites that can build the same rig for you on the cheap. Cyberpower, Puget, etc.

Let me know what you think!
Good advice BigOutMachine. Tiny problem with your two choices of bespoke makers of PC's is that they are US companies whereas Reilly is in the UK! Well nearly in the UK, he lives in Oldham
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2010   #5

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
How cheap could i get this if I got each component seperate and put it together?

Alienware Aurora Desktop Details | Dell UK
Not knowing what components you would want in it, as you have choices of !3, !7, etc, it is best to start with that first.
Then do a price comparison in the UK and go from there. (don't forget postage charges).

Try this site and maybe this one to get you started.

Hope this helps

Jon
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

hahaha mitchelll , i lve in oldham (best place to live ) NOT

thanks everyone, i am going to take one component at a time
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2010   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Love those "In" English jokes . An IM friend lives in Kettering, Northants...how is that regarded?

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2010   #8

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
How cheap could i get this if I got each component seperate and put it together?

Alienware Aurora Desktop Details | Dell UK
Without even looking at the specs / link, knock roughly 1/3 of the price off easily.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Love those "In" English jokes . An IM friend lives in Kettering, Northants...how is that regarded?

A Guy
Very good area to live
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2010   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Let me know what you think!
Good advice BigOutMachine. Tiny problem with your two choices of bespoke makers of PC's is that they are US companies whereas Reilly is in the UK! Well nearly in the UK, he lives in Oldham [/QUOTE]


Oops!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: How cheap could i get this if i..
Thread Forum
Cheap SSD Hardware & Devices
cheap pc parts ? Chillout Room
oh crap! thats not cheap Graphic Cards
hmm why so cheap ? General Discussion
Need a cheap Geforce GTS 250 Graphic Cards
Looking for Cheap General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33