Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: YouTube Easter Egg: Snake Game

26 Jul 2010   #1

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 
YouTube Easter Egg: Snake Game

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Softpedia
First it was Google, with their playable Pac Man logo. Now YouTube has come up with their own way to help you kill those boring moments at work, with a hidden game of Snake.
To find it, you need to go to a video in the gaming category, click inside the area of the video, and then hold down the left arrow key. Soon a trail of white dots will start scrolling across the video, with a single blinking white dot that you need to steer your snake across. This is pretty tough on a busy background, but chances are somebody will post a plain black video to make it easier.
Snake goes back to the earliest days of gaming, but nobody seems to be sure how long YouTube has included this hidden Easter egg. It doesn't seem to work with embedded videos and even on the site making it work is a bit hit-and-miss, but once you start playing it becomes a bit like eating M&Ms, hard to stop.
An estimate claims that the Google Pac Man game killed 4.8 million working hours back in May, I wonder if YouTube's Snake will have a similar result?
Easter-Egg Allows You to Play Snake™ in Any YouTube Video - YouTube is at it again - Softpedia
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2010   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Win7User512 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Softpedia
First it was Google, with their playable Pac Man logo. Now YouTube has come up with their own way to help you kill those boring moments at work, with a hidden game of Snake.
To find it, you need to go to a video in the gaming category, click inside the area of the video, and then hold down the left arrow key. Soon a trail of white dots will start scrolling across the video, with a single blinking white dot that you need to steer your snake across. This is pretty tough on a busy background, but chances are somebody will post a plain black video to make it easier.
Snake goes back to the earliest days of gaming, but nobody seems to be sure how long YouTube has included this hidden Easter egg. It doesn't seem to work with embedded videos and even on the site making it work is a bit hit-and-miss, but once you start playing it becomes a bit like eating M&Ms, hard to stop.
An estimate claims that the Google Pac Man game killed 4.8 million working hours back in May, I wonder if YouTube's Snake will have a similar result?
Easter-Egg Allows You to Play Snake™ in Any YouTube Video - YouTube is at it again - Softpedia
I saw that yesterday, but couldn't find a vid it worked on, and wasn't interested enough to keep trying

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
 
 
Google pacman

Did you know
http://www.google.com/pacman

You can still play it!

----------
Thanks,
Kcmartz

Sent from my Motorola Cliq
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2010   #4

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Win7User512 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Softpedia
First it was Google, with their playable Pac Man logo. Now YouTube has come up with their own way to help you kill those boring moments at work, with a hidden game of Snake.
To find it, you need to go to a video in the gaming category, click inside the area of the video, and then hold down the left arrow key. Soon a trail of white dots will start scrolling across the video, with a single blinking white dot that you need to steer your snake across. This is pretty tough on a busy background, but chances are somebody will post a plain black video to make it easier.
Snake goes back to the earliest days of gaming, but nobody seems to be sure how long YouTube has included this hidden Easter egg. It doesn't seem to work with embedded videos and even on the site making it work is a bit hit-and-miss, but once you start playing it becomes a bit like eating M&Ms, hard to stop.
An estimate claims that the Google Pac Man game killed 4.8 million working hours back in May, I wonder if YouTube's Snake will have a similar result?
Easter-Egg Allows You to Play Snake™ in Any YouTube Video - YouTube is at it again - Softpedia
I saw that yesterday, but couldn't find a vid it worked on, and wasn't interested enough to keep trying

A Guy
You are supposed to be able to play on any video uploaded since April.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2010   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Win7User512 View Post

You are supposed to be able to play on any video uploaded since April.
Ahhh, link I saw said game related vids. I tried it on the vid I was watching, wasn't sure it wasn't a joke

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2010   #6

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Win7User512 View Post

You are supposed to be able to play on any video uploaded since April.
Ahhh, link I saw said game related vids. I tried it on the vid I was watching, wasn't sure it wasn't a joke

A Guy
It was tough finding a good link. Either they said certain types of videos or they had the instructions wrong.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: YouTube Easter Egg: Snake Game
Thread Forum
BSOD while playing various game, youtube and/or use pc for too long BSOD Help and Support
Default audio changes on its own when I start up a game or youtube vid Sound & Audio
Anyone want to take a Chick out for Easter? Chillout Room
Happy Easter Chillout Room
More Fun Than Easter Egg Painting Chillout Room
Happy Easter Chillout Room

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33