Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers


26 Apr 2011   #11

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

You may try a startup repair: Startup Repair

While you're in the recovery environment, open up a command prompt and enter:
Code:
chkdsk /r



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Jul 2011   #12

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
What next?

Ok, I followed the instructions, got the BSOD and restored my machine. Now what? How do I tell which driver is the culprit?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jul 2011   #13

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pdxuser View Post
Ok, I followed the instructions, got the BSOD and restored my machine. Now what? How do I tell which driver is the culprit?
Hello,

You might create a jcgriff2 report and upload it for one of us to debug: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Aug 2011   #14

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Very nice,
Just wondering - What could cause a driver to suddenly go corrupt?

Best Regards,
FredeGail
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2011   #15

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

A driver itself won't "go corrupt" like that. Usually, it's updates to Windows or programs that cause conflicts or incompatibilities with existing drivers. Every now and then, you'll see someone who just reinstalled the same version of the driver, and the problem was solved. I expect those are caused by other programs changing some setting, such as a registry cleaner.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2011   #16

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
A driver itself won't "go corrupt" like that. Usually, it's updates to Windows or programs that cause conflicts or incompatibilities with existing drivers. Every now and then, you'll see someone who just reinstalled the same version of the driver, and the problem was solved. I expect those are caused by other programs changing some setting, such as a registry cleaner.
I see, thank you.

Best Regards,
FredeGail
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2011   #17

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Edition
 
 

I'm trying to identify the driver that's causing my system to crash. When I run driver verifier with everything except the microsoft drivers checked, it crashes with a BSOD saying that a driver was caught, but it doesn't tell me the driver. When I try and run with all drivers checked (including microsoft drivers), windows freezes on startup and I have to press the power button to restart it. No BSOD comes up.

What does this mean? Does it mean that one of the microsoft drivers is corrupt and it's not detecting it because it was unchecked when I ran driver verifier when I got the BSOD? Or is it a problem with the non-microsoft drivers?

Would checking 1 driver at a time and waiting for it to crash on each one tell me specifically which driver is causing the problem? Or can it crash with the "driver caught" BSOD without it being checked meaning this process this is a waste of time?

I really want to find the cause of this.

main thread for my issue is here:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...bccode-1e.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2011   #18

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EmperorNortonI View Post
I'm trying to identify the driver that's causing my system to crash. When I run driver verifier with everything except the microsoft drivers checked, it crashes with a BSOD saying that a driver was caught, but it doesn't tell me the driver. When I try and run with all drivers checked (including microsoft drivers), windows freezes on startup and I have to press the power button to restart it. No BSOD comes up.

What does this mean? Does it mean that one of the microsoft drivers is corrupt and it's not detecting it because it was unchecked when I ran driver verifier when I got the BSOD? Or is it a problem with the non-microsoft drivers?

Would checking 1 driver at a time and waiting for it to crash on each one tell me specifically which driver is causing the problem? Or can it crash with the "driver caught" BSOD without it being checked meaning this process this is a waste of time?

I really want to find the cause of this.

main thread for my issue is here:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...bccode-1e.html
Posted there..!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2011   #19

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Thanks for the tutorial Capt.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2011   #20

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seth500 View Post
Thanks for the tutorial Capt.
Your Welcome!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33