|30 Sep 2011||#9|
| || |
I know this thread is outdated, but perhaps this reply will help others in the future.
I had this exact issue and was looking into it. I understand that it's due to ASUS's pre-installed software - the ASUS Power4Gear Hybrid application, to be exact - but I actually do like the software, so I'm keeping it.
However, if you have an issue with the desktop changing when the laptop is unplugged, you can do this:
1) Go to your laptop's Power Options (in the system tray located in the bottom right corner, click on the battery icon)
2) Click on the "More power options" link
3) Click on the "Change plan settings" link for Power4Gear Battery Saving
4) Click on the "Change advanced power settings" link
5) Locate "ASUS P4G Power Setting" and click on the + sign
6) Locate "Battery Saving Desktop" and click on the + sign
7) Next to "On battery," select "Disable"
8) Click the Apply button, click the OK button, then close all the windows you opened
Now when you unplug your laptop, it should no longer change the desktop settings.
Hope this helps!
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Using I change to Battery Power my desktop screen changes|
|How can I change power plan and run scripts based on power state?||General Discussion|
|Change Desktop Screen||Software|
|Unable to boot from battery power||General Discussion|
|Broken AC power jack, no battery power, help||Hardware & Devices|
|Gets slow on battery power||Performance & Maintenance|
|Run Script on Battery/Critical Power||Performance & Maintenance|
|What Is Wrong With My Power/Battery/Charger?||Hardware & Devices|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.