Fix transparent icon text from desktop & automatically reenable Dreamscene whenever it encounters an error
WHAT IT DOES
* This script fixes the transparent icon text from your desktop:
- Goes to folder '%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows DreamScene\' which is usually 'C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows DreamScene\'
- Deletes files 'DreamScene.jpg' and 'Img001.jpg' and replaces them whith folders whith the same name, making them read only
I could've just made them read only by attributes, but a flickering of them might appear occasionally
- Copy files 'Image1.jpg' and 'Image2.jpg' to this folder and set them as desktop background slideshow
These files are 1 black pixel each. They will appear as black screen at startup and shutdown for a few moments.
You can replace them with anything you want, if you don't like black too much.
The fix is valid even if you change the video background or restart the computer.
But if you manually change the desktop background image, or mess-up with personalization, this fix is disabled, so, you need to apply it again.
* Automatically activates Dreamscene on startup whenever "Windows Dreamscene encountered an error", usually when the computer doesn't shutdown normally (power failure or reset).