|22 Oct 2010||#1|
| || |
Personalization Panel for Windows 7 Starter and Home Basic
I have a friend - a fan of Windows 7 - hb860. He is the author of an interesting program - Personalization Panel for Windows 7 Starter and Windows 7 Home Basic. New version 18.104.22.168.
This program supports themepack files, two algorithms for color adjustment, removal of so and so much more useful.
Options Personalization Panel for Windows 7 Starter, and Windows 7 Home Basic
- The installer allows you to install software in a handheld (portable) or normal mode. In portable mode, the program does not intercept the file associations and can not be integrated into the desktop menu, leaving no trace of itself in the system.
- Integration into the desktop menu is identical to the full version of Windows 7
- Capability of the program without administrative rights on both systems.
- Managing colors of windows in Windows 7 Home Basic with the ability to call additional parameters clearance. Implemented two ways to use color-enabled instant viewing.
- Application to (support. Theme files) in both systems. Theme files are supported almost entirely, including a sound scheme, screensavers and cursors. An exception is the metric for classical themes.
- File Handling. Theme from Windows Explorer (conventional).
- File Handling. Msstyles from Windows Explorer (conventional).
- File Handling. Themepack from Windows Explorer (conventional). Supported only by unpacking and installation. Create your own packs not yet implemented.
- Change the wallpaper in Windows 7 Starter
- Centralized access to all functions from a single window clearance, including associated control panel applet on the left.
Change wallpaper in Windows 7 Starter with Personalization Panel
In Windows 7 Starter panel lets you change the wallpaper when you have started on behalf of the administrators. If the user of these rights does not, or they clicked "No" in response to a request UAC, Wallpaper changer function is not available - the program operates in restricted mode. In addition, if the user has administrator rights, it changes wallpaper on non-standard, and then runs a program in a restricted mode, change the screen saver may not work as well as changing the wallpaper of the right to change the system registry, banning users is lower than the administrator account in him. To change the screen saver correctly in restricted mode that is necessary to stand standard wallpaper. In normal operation mode, panel (as administrator) in Windows 7 Starter, no such restriction.
In addition, you can disable request UAC in Windows 7 Starter via the command line
personalization.exe / notelevate
And fix the registry:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ DesktopBackground \ Shell \ winreview_personalization \ Command
Set the default value of "PATH \ personalization.exe / notelevate". This will disable the request UAC, but the program will run in restricted mode and the wallpaper will not change.
Language Personalization Panel depends on the language of the system on which it started - in the English system it is in English and in Russian - the Russian, the Chinese -, respectively, in Chinese.
How does the Personalization Panel
You can see the panel in action in this video:
YouTube - Personalization Panel 1.1
?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
MORE Personalization Panel -
|My System Specs|
|17 Jun 2011||#5|
| || |
Download Personalization Panel 22.214.171.124 Free - Customize the appearance of your Windows 7 Home Basic or Starter - Softpedia
See also Option Two at the link below:
|My System Specs|
|07 Apr 2012||#6|
| || |
Personalization Panel 2.5
Changelog since 1.2.x branch
-Fixed application crash when user has canceled UAC promt under Windows 7 Starter
-Fixed metrics reset between themes
-Fixed installer: double language selection prompt was removed
-Installer does not open any sites without user request anymore
-Added "save a theme" feature. It allows you to save your current appearance as
-Added simple "check for update" system
-Rebranding. Now personalization panel is a part on Winaero.com project, not Winreview.ru
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Personalization Panel for Windows 7 Starter and Home Basic|
|Enable Aero and Transparency in Windows 7 Home Basic n Starter||Themes and Styles|
|How to make Personalization panel run on all versions of Windows 7?||Themes and Styles|
|Let your Windows 7 starter/Home Basic aquire Aero Glass/Transparency||Themes and Styles|
|A full-featured Windows 7 Aero to Starter and Windows 7 Home Basic||Customization|
|Any good Chess games for 7 Starter or Home Basic ?||Gaming|
|WTA : personalization on windows 7 home basic||Customization|
|windows 7 home basic is acting like starter?||Installation & Setup|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.