Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Desktop slideshow randomly pauses

01 Nov 2010   #1
picartman

Windows 7 64bit
 
 
Desktop slideshow randomly pauses

I have 213 wallpapers in a folder for my Desktop Slideshow. For the past 3 weeks though, my slideshow would randomly pause. I would have to go into Desktop Personalization and re-check all the wallpapers I want Windows to cycle through. Also in the Power Options, I set the slideshow to never pause. Does anyone know of any fixes? Thanks.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Nov 2010   #2
Trucidation

 

Have you saved this theme? Some of us have noticed unsaved themes are prone to this problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2010   #3
picartman

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Trucidation View Post
Have you saved this theme? Some of us have noticed unsaved themes are prone to this problem.
Yes I saved it the first time this happened and it keeps happening.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Nov 2010   #4
Imperfect1

 
 

I find that I have problems when I have too many items in my slideshow. Why don't you try temporarily moving a large number of items out of your slideshow and see if that makes a difference.

If it does, you can create a Desktop slide show another way. Just put all those pics in your Pictures folder and set the Screensaver option to Photos. That will also give you a Desktop slideshow out of your wallpapers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2010   #5
picartman

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
I find that I have problems when I have too many items in my slideshow. Why don't you try temporarily moving a large number of items out of your slideshow and see if that makes a difference.

If it does, you can create a Desktop slide show another way. Just put all those pics in your Pictures folder and set the Screensaver option to Photos. That will also give you a Desktop slideshow out of your wallpapers.
You mean the picture location? The way I set it up is I made a folder called Wallpapers and I put everything in there. Then I told Windows that's the wallpaper location. Is that how I should have it set up?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2010   #6
Imperfect1

 
 

With Windows functions, there are apparently, many ways to skin a cat! You have done something pretty creative with your Wallpapers folder, and my post was merely suggesting another possible way to have the same end result, but without the problem of the slideshow pausing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2010   #7
picartman

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
With Windows functions, there are apparently, many ways to skin a cat! You have done something pretty creative with your Wallpapers folder, and my post was merely suggesting another possible way to have the same end result, but without the problem of the slideshow pausing.
Ooo I see. Well so far it seems to be working fine... Maybe it happens after I do something specific? Maybe after an update or hibernating? I'm not exactly sure if there's a coincidence, but if there is, I'll be sure to post it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2010   #8
Imperfect1

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by picartman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
With Windows functions, there are apparently, many ways to skin a cat! You have done something pretty creative with your Wallpapers folder, and my post was merely suggesting another possible way to have the same end result, but without the problem of the slideshow pausing.
Ooo I see. Well so far it seems to be working fine... Maybe it happens after I do something specific? Maybe after an update or hibernating? I'm not exactly sure if there's a coincidence, but if there is, I'll be sure to post it.
Yes, let us know if/when it happens again so that we'll have a better chance of being able to identify what's causing the problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2010   #9
picartman

Windows 7 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by picartman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
With Windows functions, there are apparently, many ways to skin a cat! You have done something pretty creative with your Wallpapers folder, and my post was merely suggesting another possible way to have the same end result, but without the problem of the slideshow pausing.
Ooo I see. Well so far it seems to be working fine... Maybe it happens after I do something specific? Maybe after an update or hibernating? I'm not exactly sure if there's a coincidence, but if there is, I'll be sure to post it.
Yes, let us know if/when it happens again so that we'll have a better chance of being able to identify what's causing the problem.
Will do, thanks for your concern.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Desktop slideshow randomly pauses




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Desktop Slideshow
How to Create a Desktop Slideshow in Windows 7 This will show you how to create a slideshow of wallpaper images (pictures) on your Windows 7 desktop. You will have the option to select how often the pictures change and to shuffle them. The default folder that Windows 7 uses to store the...
Tutorials
My desktop background slideshow changes only when it wants
Hi. My desktop background slideshow changes only when it wants. It is set on "change picture every 1 day", and it does, but at 02:00 AM, meaning 00:00 GMT. Can I change the time when it changes the picture or not? Is it something prefabricated by Windows so that it changes accoring to GMT? Please...
Customization
Windows 7 desktop slideshow
Is there anyway to change the time intervals from 10 seconds to 1 second? or say 5 seconds? I'd reallly like to change it to a shorter time.
Customization
Desktop Slideshow faster
How can I make it so that my desktop background changes between 2 wallpapers every second. Iv tried editing the .theme file and set the value to 1000 but that didnt work.
Music, Pictures & Video
Windows 7 Desktop Slideshow
Hello all. Has anyone started working on importing Desktop Slideshow into Vista? Or would it be better to wait for the beta? Inquiring minds want to know.
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:57.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App